NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pair of '85 175 HP Evinrudes and I'm having a problem with the starboard motor.The motor will run fine for awhile then lose RPMs.This will last a minute or so and then go away.It seems to be a fuel problem but I had it checked out and they couldn't find the problem. Any ideas?

· Banned
3,311 Posts
Sounds like it could be a problem with one or more of the carbs. On a 17 year old engine, it's decision time on whether or not this problem is significant enough to start investing serious money in repairs. If it only lasts a minute or so and the engine runs fine 95% of the time, you might consider living with the flaw as opposed to sinking too much $$$ into it.

· Registered
97 Posts
I have an 88 150 evinrude and two years ago I have the same problem . I changed both powerpacks which were easy. I also had a miss at low rpms. If I tapped on the bad powerpack the engine would miss fire. Hope this helps. Steve

· Registered
97 Posts
I have an 88 150 evinrude that had the same probem, I changed both powerpacks and its been running fine for the last two years. The change was easy. If I tapped on the bad powerpack the engine rpms would drop. Hope this helps . Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.