NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
Does anybody have an opinion on the Orvis multi tip system partnered up with it's Wonderline in 8wf. It's time for new line this year and the advantage of easily interchangable tips (sinking,floating and intermediate)looks enticing but before I spend the cash ($129.00 for the complete system) I'd like to get some feedback.

Tight Lines,
StriperSniper

·
Registered
266 Posts
StriperSniper if the Multi-Tip line your going to buy has a floating running line don't buy it unless your only going to fish calm waters. Even though you get a fast sinking head with this line with the floating running line in moving water you won't be able to get the fly down fast enough. Also you won't be able to use the line in the surf. Most multi-tips come with floating running line. Otherwise if you can get a multi-tip with an intermediate running line go for it. By the way $129 is expensive for a multi-tip. AIRFLO sells theres for around $99 but it also comes with a floating running line.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FLYRODDER,
Thanks for the advice ..I did think $129 bucks was alot for flyline but as you proabably well know if you slap the name Orvis on it, it jacks the price up 10%. I do like their Wonderline though and may just get their intermediate in 8wf for this season.

Thanks Again,
StriperSniper

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
If you're going with a multi-tip line for the ability to change ends on the fly (no pun intended) while fishing, I'm not sure of that.

Multi-tips sound like a good idea, as do shooting heads, for being able to change lines. But when you're standing in waist deep water in the middle of a cold spring or fall night, it really isn't practical to think you can undo a loop, coil up the tip/head, get out a new tip/head, uncoil it and loop it on.

Much easier to change spools than lines, albeit a more expensive option. But if you really think you have the need to change lines often during a fishing outting, I'd go with extra spools instead of tips and heads.

Jaiem
ArtsNFlies.com

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice everybody but I've decided to go with Orvis's Striper Wonderline in 8wf and pass on the Multi tips ..I like it's weight forward taper and I think it gives that little extra push to get the fly to the fish and with less friction it should improve my cast.

Thanks Again,
StriperSniper

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.