NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
74,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ain't this the truth!?

The other day, someone at a store in our town read that a Methamphetamine lab had been found in a old farmhouse in the adjoining county and he asked me a rhetorical question, "Why didn?t we have a drug problem when you and I were growing up?"
I replied, I had a drug problem when I was young: I was drug to church on Sunday morning. I was drug to church for weddings and funerals. I was drug to family reunions and community socials no matter the weather. I was drug by my ears when I was disrespectful to adults. I was also drug to the woodshed when I disobeyed my parents, told a lie, brought home a bad report card, did not speak with respect, spoke ill of the teacher or the preacher, or if I didn?t put forth my best effort in everything that was asked of me. I was drug to the kitchen sink to have my mouth washed out with soap if I uttered a profanity. I was drug out to pull weeds in mom?s garden and flower beds and ****leburs out of dad?s fields. I was drug to the homes of family, friends and neighbors to help out some poor soul who had no one to now the yard, repair the clothesline, or chop some firewood, and if my mother had ever known that I took a single dime as a tip for this kindness, she would have drug me back to the woodshed.
Those drugs are still in my veins and they affect my behavior in everything I do, say, or think. They are stronger than cocaine, crack, or heroin; and, if today?s children had this kind of drug problem, America would be a better place.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
MM I hear you loudly I think you hit it right on the head!!!!!! and thank God for all those drugs back then because I turned out to be a better person for them to & they still run deep in my veins
Peace Brother

·
Administrator
112,310 Posts
i still get drugs when i visit my parents
and its a good thing too after all these yrs i still need them

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
What puzzles me is why parents today aren't doing the kind of raising we had done to us?
We're fairly strict with our 2 kids.We take absolutely no BS from them.There is right...and there is wrong.
And yes there can be a grey area...
but do not mess with Mom or Dad.Ever!
I've got really great kids and I'm blessed but they have been raised a certain way right from the get go.

I look around and see way to many lenient,liberal parents with complete brats on their hands.They get handed everything under the sun and are as clueless as their parents.

So yeah...lots of drugs on this end growing up.
Not sure where our generation strayed from that way of child rearing?

·
Registered
35,001 Posts
PaddleOn wrote:
.....................Not sure where our generation strayed from that way of child rearing?

The straying started when the courts got involved in child rearing.:rolleyes:
It all started with some painty waisted, tree huggin liberal that said we should doo this or that to our kids. No discipline, but rather give them a time out when they misbehave.

Time out my azz, crack the little brats when they step out of line...................

Have you seen some of the kids being raised today..............the best place to see how a parent had done raising their child is to go to the supermarket and see how many kids are the ones controlling their parents.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Drugged.................absolutely...........:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
37,770 Posts
funny story

gverb1219 wrote:
PaddleOn wrote:
.....................Not sure where our generation strayed from that way of child rearing?

The straying started when the courts got involved in child rearing.:rolleyes:
It all started with some painty waisted, tree huggin liberal that said we should doo this or that to our kids. No discipline, but rather give them a time out when they misbehave.

Time out my azz, crack the little brats when they step out of line...................

Have you seen some of the kids being raised today..............the best place to see how a parent had done raising their child is to go to the supermarket and see how many kids are the ones controlling their parents.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Drugged.................absolutely...........:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

First i agree with you Mike, I too was raised the same way.

Well anyhow a few years ago ( my son was 5) we where walking towards the butcher counter and I stopped to warn my son( he had a habit at home of poking holes in the plastic wrap on the meat),
so I explained that he was not allowed to do it at home and if he tried it in the store he would be standing up for a week.Well not even 5 feet down the isle, he pokes his finger through the plastic wrap on a nice piece of steak in front of me, his mom, sis 2 sisters and about 20 other store patrons. My hand hit his rear like a train, now knowing everyone saw what I had done, and these afraid of child abuse chumps glaring at me and my screaming son, I looked up at everyone a full 360 degrees and yelled WHAT YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT!!!!!!! I gaurentee he won't ever do it again!!!!!
They all grabed their shopping carts, put there heads down and walked away.
Welll he is going to be 9 in 2 weeks and knows when DAD tells you something he's not messing around. Now all I have to do is raise my voice and most all problems are over just like that:)

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
PaddleOn wrote:
What puzzles me is why parents today aren't doing the kind of raising we had done to us?

That's because we'll either get sued or arrested..:rolleyes:

Another funny thing.....You can't even let your kids get off the bus and be home alone anymore. Now an adult has to be home. WTF??? I remember always being home before my folks got off work. I know guys that have to adjust their schedules to drop off and or pick up their kids.

Long gone are the belts, and spoons, and spankings. That's why we encounter youth that fear no one and disrespect everyone...

·
Registered
17,235 Posts
all my father had to do was threaten to spank us and we hauled our ashes upstairs faster than a mountain lion

back in the day, kids feared and respected their parents and other adults. It's our jobs to instil those emotions in our children now, political correctness be damned.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.