NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I put out an appeal back in the fall for anyone with one of the old Penn 704's that Ron Dietrich used to drill out, still looking. I need a picture of them for an article running on the website next month.

Alternately, a bunch of you offered pictures of 704s or Crack 300s you drilled out yourselves. Since I'm having a hard time finding one of Ronnie's reels I'd welcome anything you've got.

Thanks lads, hope winter is treating you well.

Mike Wright
shinne****@noreast.com

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
I drilled out my 704 years ago.Nothing fancy...
I'm sure others went at it better but it drains things quickly and does the job.
If no one else chimes in I'll get a few pics for you.

You would be better off posting this on the Surf fishing forum

I remember seeing pics on a thread a few years ago that inspired me to drill the reel.

J

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
Just did a "search" in the Surf Forum area.
Type in 704
Then go to a thread from March 2007
A few good pics can be found of some drilled out 704's.

I'd link it but...I can never figure out the link thing without it taking me 10 minutes

·
Premium Member
12,316 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
how big of bits for dremmel do you have?i drilled pilots with mine then used drill to finish.i think that if you drilled 4 holes 2 on each side and connected each pair it would be a cool idea and would work.imo.i wouldnt try to make larger slots but i think the idea would work!!good luck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.