NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the response. My father said that he fished the Ventura and the Claire 1 and 2 55 years ago. he remembered the captains too.
He caught fluke, porgies, blackfish, conger eels, seabass, ling, winter cod too.

Pt

·
Registered
505 Posts
Even though there were boats closer to my home at City Island(Ebbtide,Theresa L and North Star)there weren`t captains in the Bronx better than Capt.Howie and Edwin Berlin on the Claires(1,2 and Super).They would fish near and far and stay out late if the fishing was slow. Edwin would yell at you if you weren`t catching fish.

·
Registered
7,923 Posts
flonderbound wrote:
Even though there were boats closer to my home at City Island(Ebbtide,Theresa L and North Star)there weren`t captains in the Bronx better than Capt.Howie and Edwin Berlin on the Claires(1,2 and Super).They would fish near and far and stay out late if the fishing was slow. Edwin would yell at you if you weren`t catching fish.
...You are right...I just love to fish whit them...Fredd

·
Registered
2 Posts
My father used to fish out of Whitlock ave., Bx. in the 50's.
Does anyone remember the names of the boats?

Thanks,

PT
They were in the bronx River. There was the suntan, clare 1&2, venture and the bronx queen.
Up by westchester Square off of commerce ave in the westchester River the fishing boat joy moored.
My father used to fish out of Whitlock ave., Bx. in the 50's.
Does anyone remember the names of the boats?

Thanks,

PT

1 - 12 of 12 Posts