NorEast Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any feedback on the subject of Okuma reels preferably the T-15 lever drag.I have never heard of them until I saw a rod/reel combo at boaters world.

I'm over here now

·
Registered
23 Posts
Bobocraft
Have used a few of them (okuma) the last two years. They seem to be holding up well. One is the gold series 30#class. It has an exceptionally smooth drag system. two are tl-100's that are set up with 80# line for sharks and the last is a small one on a fluke rod. Have not had a problem with a single one.
outlaw

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Hello Bobocraft,

Although I?ve never used any Okuma reels, I have few friends with it and they seem content. All I know is that they have been around for sometime now? and I haven?t heard any negative reports about it.

I have to check the internal components first before I could give a fair assessment...but you may want to ask the salesman for a comparison. ;)

Hope this helps.

"Crazy" Alberto
[email protected]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.