NorEast Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Mr. Crazy,

Next summer i will like to go Tuna fishing for the first time so this year I bought two Okuma Titus T 50 reels and 2 Penn international 50TW, all with matching rods. I would like to know what kind of line would be better to put on. What is the difference between braided, mono, flurocarbon, etc. Why is there such a large difference in the price. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Johny513

Welcome to the exciting world of Tuna fishing! Just wondering? Are you planning to use this on a private boat, charters or party boats (stand up)? Depending on the method and the tuna size you are targeting?. I could be more specific.

But for now, I strongly recommend a strong mono (30 ? 60lbs. test Ande or Trilene) with ample 50-80 lbs. braid backing for extra insurance. Also, whether you are chunking or trolling?. If the fish are very finicky, It is a good idea to use about 7?-20? of 30-100 lbs. test fluorocarbon leader!

"Crazy" Alberto

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.