NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how about getting together to create a list of boats to call on offshore in case of an emergency, or to relate some good fishing. you could inform one another of the time and date you are fishing, what inlet you are leaving and approx. destination( 10-20 miles out.) etc. or be more specific. this would not be to find out where anyone is fishing or catching! just another pair of eyes to watch out over you, its a big ocean! I fish weekends 24 albermarle diesel.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Gerard, great idea especially for those of us in single engine boats.If anybody wants to hail me on the vhf always on 68, Blue Ayes. I leave out of Moriches. Inlet and near shore for weaks, Blues Bass and Fluke Offshore I mainly hit Coimbria, virginia and rockpiles.

What we should do is give little bios like above and each keep a list. When in season put out a post "Heading to Texas Tower Saturday from Jones, looking for a buddy" or have phone #s or e-mail of a couple of people who fish same places and days as you.

I for example do not have radar and wait near Moriches C.G. for first light and then break the inlet. If i had a buddy with radar perhaps I could already be at the grounds by first light.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
The best way to accomplish what you are looking for is to join a club. South Shore Marlin and Tuna, Babylon Tuna, Squaw Island, Freeport Tuna, ect. I was a member of South Shore for many years and there is a great deal of comradery among the off shore guys. Back in the 60s and 70s radar and loran were a rarity on many of the boats it was not uncommon for one of the better equiped rigs to park himself in the inlet and talk in the other guys when the fog was bad. We always called each other in on fish when we found them. The boats were slower then and by working as a team you could cover a lot more ocean. Of course there were a lot more fish around then too. There were days when you could fill the ****pit with tuna and never lose sight of the beach.

This message was edited by spygull on 2-6-02 @ 10:33 AM

·
Registered
6,483 Posts
Spygull,
your right about the clubs sticking together,but we can still hook up out there without being in a club.I'm always out on the weekends and sometimes during the week(when work alloys me)I'm on channel 68 and when I'm offshore I stay on 68 and 78.Just give Bad Attitude a call,I'll let you know whats up where I am.I fish the Rock piles,Virginia,Yankee,Linda the Rose and Burnside.

"Fishing with an Attitude"

·
Registered
299 Posts
System sounds good, we fish out of FI Inlet. Fish almost every weekend and sometimes during week. Inshore Fluke, Blues, Bass. Also hit offshore wrecks about every other weekend (Va. Yankee, Linda). Fish off of my buddys 23 Regulator Ch.68.
Just call Johnny B or Ricky K.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I fish out of Shinne****. I have a 23ft. Steigercraft "NO SEE WEED". I fish the Coinbra wreck and "The Fingers" for shark and whatever. I'd be interested in hooking up with other anglers who fish out of Shin. Inlet and possibly Moriches Inlet to keep my trips as safe as possible. I monitor channel 68.

G

·
Count me in
Am I the only one on here fishing out of Point Judith RI or thereabouts?
We have a couple of very good radios & usually can pick up boats from the Montauk area Block Canyon to south of Cape cod, occasionally to Atlantis canyon when the weather is good.
Raven (a 30 Ft Blackwatch) monitors vhf channels 65 & 66.

Maury

This message was edited by Raven on 2-14-02 @ 11:52 AM

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.