NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Port of eygpt has several 33 express boats for sale.
One is a 2006 fully loaded for $219,000.00.

Given the market is it possible to offer 30% less for a boat like this. That would be about $155,000.00

Would the dealer kick me out the door or be happy someone showed interest.

Thanks much.

·
Registered
826 Posts
It is not a bad idea to come in low.. These guys are starving.. and just like i put it when i go into a dealership, they have to sell the boat/car to make a living and feed their families, you do not need to spend 200k to feed your family.. Make them work for you do not work for them..

I like to tell them to give me their best shot first because i will not haggle nor come down seven different times and talk about prices.. it just is not the way I personally work...

Also if they have no interest tell them no problem you will go somehwere else.. There are 1000s of grady white dealers in the country, make them sell it to you because why would you buy a boat from them?! make them make you want to make the deal do not work for it!

JUST IMHO!

·
Registered
159 Posts
I sold a 2001 33 Express with 2007 Yamaha 250 4-strokes (60 hrs) with warranties till 2013 , 10" Furuno Navnet, 10" Northstar, Simrad Autopilot, 2 Standard Horizon VHF's, Liferaft, Lee Sr. riggers , Gen. , in absolutely MINT condition in Sept 2007 and I got $155k for it if that helps you price the true market at all.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
boat prices....

Do a value check through the boat/us site.

They will give you the basic value of the boat and motors. You can add as you see fit for the extras, or not.

Will take a day or so for them to get back to you but better to walk in the door with a 'clue' than randomly guess at what kind of offer or how much you should pay sitting down at the table for something.

It is also good to make them work for it and let them bid against each other to sell you a boat, bringing in more dealers to the pool.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.