NorEast Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used Everol reels(30/50)? They are the topic of much discussion down south and out west. A single speed 30/50 sells for about $299. If anyone out there is familiar with Everol I'd like to hear from them. Some of my in shore sharking #'s that produced in late June of 2001. 43475/26710. This is the Mud Hole area north of the Lilian and east of Monster Ledge. Always look for a SE or NW drift to cover the good bottom. Real good bottom! Can get crowded. We did well with blue sharks and 3 Makos just after July 4 all less than 150 but fun. We also did Skipies and dolphin in this area in late Sept. Lobster pots. Giants were caught in this genral area by some Jersey boats in the fall. It was short and sweet. They seemed to head East out to the Bacardi and the Tower after that. Till next time, Capt Mike

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Has anyone used Everol reels(30/50)? They are the topic of much discussion down south and out west. A single speed 30/50 sells for about $299. If anyone out there is familiar with Everol I'd like to hear from them. Some of my in shore sharking #'s that produced in late June of 2001. 43475/26710. This is the Mud Hole area north of the Lilian and east of Monster Ledge. Always look for a SE or NW drift to cover the good bottom. Real good bottom! Can get crowded. We did well with blue sharks and 3 Makos just after July 4 all less than 150 but fun. We also did Skipies and dolphin in this area in late Sept. Lobster pots. Giants were caught in this genral area by some Jersey boats in the fall. It was short and sweet. They seemed to head East out to the Bacardi and the Tower after that. Till next time, Capt Mike

·
Registered
6,483 Posts
Capt.Mike,
I am very fimiliar with them.I recently sold 3 or 4 of them,I used them for tuna not shark but a friend of mine that fishes out of the Moriches on his boat"Mako Magic" used them this past year for shark,he didn't take any makos but had some big blue sharks to 300 lbs with them.I had the 12/20's,the 20/30's and the 30/50's.They are great reels for the money and are built like tanks.My friend Chris designed the solid frame for the 12/20's and the 6/0's, and is in the process of making a solid frame for the 20/30's and the 30/50's.He tricked out a 12/20 with the frame,drag spacer and high speed bearings for florida and was taking Tarpon to 160 lbs.
p.s. the biggest tuna taken on my 30/50 was a 94 lb bluefin,taken 25 miles south of montauk on the chunk.The reel handled them easily.
paulie

"Fishing with an Attitude"

This message was edited by B.Attitude on 1-12-02 @ 4:00 PM

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.