NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All!

The NYSDEC has given us the opportunity to provide our New York users with an online survey to gather input on this years fluke and porgy regulations.

If you're a NY saltwater angler and have interest in the future management of these fish, go to the survey and cast your vote.

Respectfully,
George R. Scocca
Publisher, Nor'east Saltwater

·
Registered
206 Posts
noreast,

My question is how does the dec know how many fish are actually being caught by private boaters.
Ive been fishing for 25 years and have seen the dec twice. Personally, I don't mind the 17 inch limit with a bag limit of 6 or seven fish. Just curious about how they come up with these #'s and how accurate they really are. thank you

jat

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
George, I think this is great that we are getting some kind of a vote on this.
I know this has been said before, but I still have to say it. Why do we get screwed constantly on these regs when the commercial guys can keep 14" Fluke?
What would happen to the recreational regs if they made the commercial guys live with a 16" or 17" minimum?
Sorry to rehash a subject that has been beaten to death, but it's still frustrating!!!

Good Luck and Tight Lines

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.