NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, ok, ok, we all know the hoopla going on with the reservoirs, EVERYBODY has to get new permits.

BUT, once you have your shiny, new permit in your paws, where are you going to go? Are you a shore fisherman, or are you lucky enough to have a boat or two in place? Or do you wonder what the heck we all talking about?

For me April 1st means Kensico and Lake Trout. I have my leadcore all ready. This past fall I recieved a bunch of new spoons by Wolverine in all sorts of tempting colors, can't wait to give them the "row" around. hehehehehe

Whats your plans?

· Registered
32 Posts
Good to have you, Crash. I'm one of the many people who was desperate to get the reservoirs open again. I post a lot about them on here and I,too, do lead core fishing in April at Kensico, but soon as I can I hit Croton Falls for browns. I'm not much of a "laker" guy, because they don't fight like the browns (though I did get a 9lber and an 8lber in the same day at Gleneida a couple of years ago in May -- those two fought like crazy). My favorite lake is Croton Falls, though I loved Cross River, before they did the construction on the dam. That lake will be coming back, I'm sure. Best smallmouth lake I ever fished in the old days 3-5years ago. Anyway, I think I was probably the first guy to send the application in and I haven't heard squat about them. Are we pretty sure that April 1 is going to be a go? Are they going to open all the reservoirs? I'm still biting my nails and probably will be until I put the first boat in the water. Like you, this is a real important part of my life. We're having a kid in June, my first though I'm 44, so it's not looking like I'll be doing a whole lot this season, but I need to know I can, know what I mean. Anyway, ramble, ramble, ramble. Sorry about that. Congrats on the moderator thing.
Bill O'C

· Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Bill,

Yea Cross river is getting good, I ice fished there last year and got some nice browns and some big bass. Yeah, no one has heard back from the DEP yet, they are doing background checks on every application so it is going to take some time, but the stocking schedule is still being kept, and they are tring to get us on asap, so I have to have faith that April 1st will be a go.

But then, I have this itch to fly fish now, so the beaverkil or connectquat is looking good too!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.