NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my public access permit. All waters will be open for fishing 4/01, however there will be no boats allowed on Kensico and Croton for the time being. Biggest change is that you now must hang a DEP permit number hangar off your rearview mirror when parked while fishing. Also the new permit is good for 5 years, my lifetime permit is gone. I am so itching to get out there it's not funny! Tight lines guys...

·
Registered
509 Posts
Opening Day

My best guess on where the trout will be on Croton Falls, depends on wind direction. If we have a steady wind. Especially one that has been blowing in the same direction for 2 days. Then I'll concentrate my efforts around the mouth of whatever cove it's blowing into.
Otherwise I'll troll the cuts or fish the dropoffs along the shoreline. However the real joy will come from simply being out there again.
I also plan on releasing any fish I catch. Maybe with a little prayer, in memory of all the people from 9/11 who can never be out here again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.