NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine needs to move out of the hospital and into a nursing

home on Staten island.She is in her mid fifties,on a ventilator and

consious.This is a result of a complication with recent surgery.

At the moment there are three suggestions.

1-Vanderbuilt

2-Silver Lake

3-St.Elizabeth Ann

Does anyone know about these facilities?

Thanks

· Registered
356 Posts
I must assume that this is not for recuperative physical therapy. The three places you named are all of the same quality. But since I've had family in all of them I would go with the Silver Lake or even Clove Lake. They're all with in 5 to 10 minutes of each other so you can probably visit them all with in an hour or two. Clove Lake which is the biggest of the them all and right off of the express way appears nicer althought I never been to any of the rooms.

On the high end there's Edgar $$$$$$$

· Registered
89 Posts
nursing home on Staten Island

The best thing you could do,is check with the social worker at the hospital the person had been admitted and they can let you know If they placed any patients in a well run extended care facility

· Registered
3,218 Posts
Billy, I have 1st hand experience with this subject. My Grandmother is currently in Carmichael Richmond nursing home on Old Town rd. She has been there for about 2 yrs now. She actually loves it. They do alot of activities with them and are very good care wise. No complaints from us. It is a catholic NH home FYI. IMO we checked out alot of places and this one clearly beat out the rest. Here is the link

Carmichael Richmond NH

· Registered
356 Posts
Slick56 wrote:
Billy, I have 1st hand experience with this subject. My Grandmother is currently in Carmichael Richmond nursing home on Old Town rd. She has been there for about 2 yrs now. She actually loves it. They do alot of activities with them and are very good care wise. No complaints from us. It is a catholic NH home FYI. IMO we checked out alot of places and this one clearly beat out the rest. Here is the link

Carmichael Richmond NH

Yeah! Carmichaels is another nice one I never heard anything bad about it and I past it almost everyday and it looks well managed from curb side. Not to mention one of the last great bread places on the island is further down on the corner.

· Registered
3,218 Posts
janus wrote:
Slick56 wrote:

Carmichael Richmond NH

Yeah! Carmichaels is another nice one I never heard anything bad about it and I past it almost everyday and it looks well managed from curb side. Not to mention one of the last great bread places on the island is further down on the corner.

Not to get off subject, but that "bread" place is incredible ;) bread twists with the prosciuto! YUM!
On a holiday you cant touch that place.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.