NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to read any surfcasting report from
Port jeff to Orient point.
I primarily surfcast around the Riverhead area.
Its been real quiet! I've been using bunker chunks,
lures etc... with no luck. Last fish caught was
about 4 weeks ago 37" gorilla blue fish on bunker.
I had one run off a couple of days ago on a popper.I have'nt seen any bait fish in the surf
neither!!! No bunker run....nothing

IBEW local 1049

·
Premium Member
11,914 Posts
I fish Old Field Point, Porpoise Channel and Stony Brook Harbor before work and on my lunch hour. I haven't caught a fish in two or three weeks. The day before it all turned off, I had 2 bass and three other strikes in fifteen minutes of fishing on during lunch. I am almost ready to give up on the North Shore surf when the South Shore boat action is so good right now. Unfortunately I can't make it to FI Inlet and back to Stony Brook in one hour.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Be patient with the North Shore. Its been a little slow west of where you mention also--But with a couple of cold fronts and some good NW winds we will see fish!

Bill Wetzel NYS Licensed Guide

·
Premium Member
11,914 Posts
Its nice to see someone else still has hope out there. I will keep going because there is nothing better to do during my lunch break. Bill, you don't think the run is just over. Last week in the GSB the water was 51 degrees. It has to be colder in the LI Sound. I was begining to beleive the fish had already come and gone.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Absolutely not! Ther will be fish in the sound until mid-late December. I went to Sunken Meadow today with a charter and we had 6 bass to 30".We need some more north winds!! Things may really heat up within the next week--we will see.

Bill Wetzel NYS Licensed Guide

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi Bill,

The white 1 1/2 oz. bucktails with red pork rind was the only thing that worked at Demo this past Saturday as well, at least for the time that I was there... There were both pluggers and bait guys there and nothing seemed to to work except the bucktails. Thanks for showing them to me on our trip in September...

Bob W.

·
Premium Member
11,914 Posts
Thanks again Bill for the encouraging report. I tried in Stony Brook Harbor this afternoon at the start of the ebb. Fished with bucktails, yellow, white and green, and porkrinds with no luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.