NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
27,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hate to be a downer on latty's happy thoughts thread, but I need some prayers for some extended family...

Looooong family friends on my wife's side , too confusing to really explain now, but my wife's "cousin's" stepfather has been dealing with prostate cancer and it is not going well lately (poor treatment management, but that's irrelevant right now). Anyway, my wife, her cousin, her cousin's mom & the kids went to Chucky Cheese's today and left him home with the home attendant who was supposed to be coming later for a few hours. He was going to rest.When they came back he & his car were gone. Wallet still in the house and no sign of him. He's been depressed and we're all very concerned. They've looked everywhere they can think of and are now working with the police to try and find him. I'm on my way there now.

Prayers for his safe return and comfort for the family will be greatly appreciated. They are more important than replies, so even if you just read this, please pray for him & the family.

Thanks!

Scott

This post edited by Scott1280 06:49 PM 01/07/2008

·
Registered
12,042 Posts
Scott

My prayers are sent, for his safe return.

don

·
Registered
27,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks!

Just getting home. Still no signs of him; weird. Nassau County Police are on it, all sorts of notices out to departments, hospitals, etc. Media notified by NCPD as well we're told. His wife is beside herself with worry. We'll pick it back up tomorrow morning.

Please continue to pray that they find him, and for his wife and family's comfort. Thanks!

Scott

·
Registered
27,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you Billy. They drove around half the island yesterday looking for him or his car at all of the places he normally goes or could have been. No luck. His cancer has moved into his bones and he is in pain which gets better/worse by the hour. He really couldn't be sitting in a car for all that long without moving around, unless something bad happened. The hope is that he went to run a quick errand and had some sort of medical emergency, pulled over and passed out. The police also suggested he could have gone out, gotten disoriented and lost and just kept driving, trying to find his way home. They say they often find missing elderly from LI in the city or even NJ. He had a 1/2 tank of gas and no credit/debit cards with him to buy anything. No idea if he had any cash on him or not.

Time will tell.

Thank you all for your prayers. This is quite the community we have here at Noreast.

God Bless!

Scott

1 - 20 of 95 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.