NorEast Fishing Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

· Registered
151 Posts
Best one yet....
How about casting at Jetskiers site forum too. We can make a point system?
1 point for a miss.(need somthing for the effort)
5 points for a hit
10 points for a snag.

We can tally the points up at the end of the year and honor a trophy or Fisherman of the month Board.Most point gets photo displayed.

Only Kidding

always gottafly

· Registered
11,581 Posts
Flyrodder,

I demonstrate fly tying at the meetings, any flies I sell there are incidental. I'm happy to give demonstrations, as I've served the organization in one capacity or another for most of the 20 years I've been a member.

I don't recall if we had met (probably did). NTL, I'm sorry that you feel you were unwelcomed. That certainly is not the spirit of the Salty's. You'll have to take it on my word and reputation that it isn't the way the Salty's are. I would not associate with such an organization, much less for as long as I have been a member, if it were that way.

At the same time, not to "blame the victim" but what did you do to introduce yourself? IOW, we're all adults; So if you see a group of people at the meeting you can just as easily walk over and introduce yourself and join the conversation. I would be totally shocked if you weren't welcomed into the conversation.

As I mentioned before, groups are made of people and every group has it's share of "personalities" that don't always make everyone else welcome. NTL, in a club of some 200 or so members I find it hard to imagine being felt left out. If you were hoping for carpet treatment, the secret handshake and an insider's map to the prime out-of-the-way fishing spots I think you may have set your sights bit high. ;)

Jaiem
ArtsNFlies.com

This message was edited by Jaiem on 12-13-01 @ 6:27 PM

· Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Jaiem like I stated above I went to 5 meetings the year I became a member and got nothing but a cold shoulder from the members of the Saltys. You mentioned some people can be that way. But I was there 5 times and got nothing but cold shoulders. It's hard for someone like myself thats 6'4" tall being treated like I was invisible. And thats how I was treated there for 5 meetings. You've been there 20 years when the club was more friendly to new members. You was in the club back in the days when each and every member would stand up and give there fishing reports to the rest of the members. Do you remember those days? Even Enrico P. was a member back then. Some of the people I fish with used to be in the club at that time you know them but I won't mention there names. They no longer are members of the club. Why? Cause of the type of members I met first hand when I joined the club. Also as you know from the other web-site we are on myself and some of the X members of the Saltys have met on a few occasions at night to fish a certain area. And as you know I have offered to let anyone reading that message know where and when we were going to fish if they wanted to come along. Something the existing members of the Salty would never do. Now thats something the Saltys should be doing every month. Wouldn't you agree? But they don't. Why? Cause mostly all the members have BIG EARS and TIGHT LIPS and just don't want to help there fellow members. If thats what you want to call a club you can keep it.

This message was edited by FLYRODDER on 12-13-01 @ 10:58 PM

· Registered
151 Posts
I think it is a great idea to have more forums added. We all were just goofing around, not to be taken seriously. I think there should be a Fly section,as well as a Kayak Section. Joe2509 has posted some great fish, and i am also interested in getting a Kayak as well. They are great , portable, no ramp or permits needed. Joe provided me with great info on them, which could of been posted on a forum.

As for flying ties, I enjoy that more than fly fishing. I have spent countless hours at the vise tiying flies, Fly tying convention in Sommerset, NJ every Jan. past 3 years. Went to Bob Popovic's fly tying class at the campsite this past spring. It would be great to have more info on Fly Fishing and tying. Also I am due for a casting seminar.

I am for a nother forum, keepem coming. Knowledge and information is the key to success. So lets do it. Below i have posted the last fly i have made, Glen Mikkleson's Squid Pattern, Fairly easy to tie. Will put it to the test next year. See ya out there.

always gottafly

· Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Gottafly your absolutly right. I recently bought a kayak and have been out a few times with it already. By having a kayak you will be able to fish a lot of areas that you would not be able to access from the surf. I have met and fished with Joey he is a great guy. Before you buy a kayak paddle as many as you can to find the kayak that you feel most comfortable with.
Also I was at the Campsite when Bob was there tying flies. What a nice guy. Thats the type of people the Saltys should have. But they all left the club. Nice job tying Glen's squid fly looks good.

· Registered
1,107 Posts
My 2 cents,

Kayak fishing forum is a great idea. Kayak fishing is growing like a weed, it's fun, cost effective, and gives you access to so many great locations. Fishing with other kayakers is safer and so a board where they can conjugate is really a cool thing.

One suggestion is that we also devote a little focus to the issues of kayaking along with the joy of fishing. Dealing with currents, technical issues, safety, local waters, should be dealt with in a professional manner as it's not a sport without risk. Fact is people can and do die on the water.

With this in mind I think the kayaking knowledge is as important as the fishing experience. As for Joey, his posts are great as is his attitude, I've always looked forward to reading his reports.

raregroove

· Registered
280 Posts
Hey guys...I think its great idea to get some new forums, I cant tell you how great noreaster and some of the other boards I frequent has been for helping me in my ongoing education of all areas of fishing, and the great people I have met and fished with. This summer we had a get together with 10 other kayak fisherman, guys came from as far delaware and we had a blast. It was great to meet up and exchange info on our sport with other who share same passion....so lets do what we have to do to get these other forums and I would be happy to run it or help in anyway

joeykayaker

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.