NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NOREAST needs 2 more forums for discussions. Almost all the other saltwater web-sites have them so why not NOREAST? These are the 2 NOREAST needs to be up to par with other sites.

1. Kayak Fishing
2. Saltwater Flyfishing

The kayak discussion board could be moderated by Joey2509. He's helped a lot of people catch fish from there kayak's by posting where and when he's fished and what he caught and what he caught it with. You can't ask for anymore than that. He has been very informative with his reports and would make a great moderator for a kayak discussion.

The Flyfishing discussion board could be moderated by the FLYSULLY's. They know how to fish our area Long Island, up north Martha's Vineyard and down south for Bonefish. I was lucky enough to fish with them 4-5 times earlier this year and they caught more keeper bass from the surf using the fly rod than most surfcasters/baitcasters will catch in a full year. They are the nicest people you will ever meet on the beach and there knowledge of flyrodding the surf is the best. They would be great as moderators for a flyfishing discussion.

This message was edited by FLYRODDER on 11-23-01 @ 8:32 PM

· Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
To the Noreast Administration if Frank Dalecki Jr. can't do the Flyfishing Board please look into getting the FLYSULLY's as the moderators of the board. I feel the FLYSULLY's would be a great addition for NOREAST. They(FLYSULLY's) have and still do put in a ton of time flyfishing our waters. They(FLYSULLY's) have learned it from the best like Don Avondolio and others. They(FLYSULLY's) are 2 of the best flyrodders I've had the pleasure to fish with. They are excellent fly tyiers and are up to date with new fly patterns for fish in our area and will help the Noreast members on whats new and what works. 1 of there own flies for catching stripers in our waters was included in the SALTWATER FLY FISHING Magazine last year.

Onthefly FLYSULLY(screen name) are 2 of the best flyrodders I ever had the pleasure to fish with. They are not a club or organization. But if your looking to hook up with other flyrodders sometimes in late spring and early summer theres a few of us that meet at a pre-determined area usually around the western south shore to fish. If you want to be included just e-mail me and I'll contact you next year when we start fishing again.

· Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
MrSir I know about the Salty's. I'm an X Salty and the people I fish with are all X Salty's to. Not to put the club down but I learned more about saltwater flyfishing from some really nice people I've met over the years that are no longer members of that club. We all usually try to meet and fish together a few times a year. Yet when I was a member of the Salty's I met nothing but a lot of "TIGHT LIPPED" people with very "BIG EARS" if you know what I mean. Not to put down everyone in the club cause I'm sure theres a few that are very helpful when it comes to new members and I'm sorry if this post offends you. Its just that I didn't meet any of the helpful people there while I was a member.

This message was edited by FLYRODDER on 11-28-01 @ 7:42 PM

· Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Jaiem you've been a member of the salty's since the old days so you've got your friends from that time when the club was more friendly. Plus your there selling your flies and supplies they have to talk to you. I fish with some X members of the club you know them. They are not members of the club any more. When I joined not a single member of the club greeted me or welcomed me to the club. It was like I was invisible and I stand 6'4" tall. I went to 5 meetings that year and not a single member welcomed me to the club. Thats not the way a club looking for new members should operate. Thats why I'm no longer a member and would never recommend that club to anyone.

This message was edited by FLYRODDER on 12-8-01 @ 6:54 AM

· Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Jaiem like I stated above I went to 5 meetings the year I became a member and got nothing but a cold shoulder from the members of the Saltys. You mentioned some people can be that way. But I was there 5 times and got nothing but cold shoulders. It's hard for someone like myself thats 6'4" tall being treated like I was invisible. And thats how I was treated there for 5 meetings. You've been there 20 years when the club was more friendly to new members. You was in the club back in the days when each and every member would stand up and give there fishing reports to the rest of the members. Do you remember those days? Even Enrico P. was a member back then. Some of the people I fish with used to be in the club at that time you know them but I won't mention there names. They no longer are members of the club. Why? Cause of the type of members I met first hand when I joined the club. Also as you know from the other web-site we are on myself and some of the X members of the Saltys have met on a few occasions at night to fish a certain area. And as you know I have offered to let anyone reading that message know where and when we were going to fish if they wanted to come along. Something the existing members of the Salty would never do. Now thats something the Saltys should be doing every month. Wouldn't you agree? But they don't. Why? Cause mostly all the members have BIG EARS and TIGHT LIPS and just don't want to help there fellow members. If thats what you want to call a club you can keep it.

This message was edited by FLYRODDER on 12-13-01 @ 10:58 PM

· Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Gottafly your absolutly right. I recently bought a kayak and have been out a few times with it already. By having a kayak you will be able to fish a lot of areas that you would not be able to access from the surf. I have met and fished with Joey he is a great guy. Before you buy a kayak paddle as many as you can to find the kayak that you feel most comfortable with.
Also I was at the Campsite when Bob was there tying flies. What a nice guy. Thats the type of people the Saltys should have. But they all left the club. Nice job tying Glen's squid fly looks good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.