NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
11,581 Posts
Ditto on the Salty's. A great group of guys (and gals too).

The annual holiday party is next Monday too. :)

Jaiem
ArtsNFlies.com

· Registered
11,581 Posts
Flyrodder,

Gotta take exception to that. I've been a member of the Salty's for over 20 years and they are the greatest group of anglers I've ever known. Of course different people do take different approaches. You're going to find "personalities" in every group of people and not everyone is going to get along with everyone else. That's human nature. But as an association I haven't met a better group of anglers to know (no offense intended to the membership of the other fishing organizations I am a member of! :) ).

Jaiem
ArtsNFlies.com

· Registered
11,581 Posts
Flyrodder,

I demonstrate fly tying at the meetings, any flies I sell there are incidental. I'm happy to give demonstrations, as I've served the organization in one capacity or another for most of the 20 years I've been a member.

I don't recall if we had met (probably did). NTL, I'm sorry that you feel you were unwelcomed. That certainly is not the spirit of the Salty's. You'll have to take it on my word and reputation that it isn't the way the Salty's are. I would not associate with such an organization, much less for as long as I have been a member, if it were that way.

At the same time, not to "blame the victim" but what did you do to introduce yourself? IOW, we're all adults; So if you see a group of people at the meeting you can just as easily walk over and introduce yourself and join the conversation. I would be totally shocked if you weren't welcomed into the conversation.

As I mentioned before, groups are made of people and every group has it's share of "personalities" that don't always make everyone else welcome. NTL, in a club of some 200 or so members I find it hard to imagine being felt left out. If you were hoping for carpet treatment, the secret handshake and an insider's map to the prime out-of-the-way fishing spots I think you may have set your sights bit high. ;)

Jaiem
ArtsNFlies.com

This message was edited by Jaiem on 12-13-01 @ 6:27 PM

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.