NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NOREAST needs 2 more forums for discussions. Almost all the other saltwater web-sites have them so why not NOREAST? These are the 2 NOREAST needs to be up to par with other sites.

1. Kayak Fishing
2. Saltwater Flyfishing

The kayak discussion board could be moderated by Joey2509. He's helped a lot of people catch fish from there kayak's by posting where and when he's fished and what he caught and what he caught it with. You can't ask for anymore than that. He has been very informative with his reports and would make a great moderator for a kayak discussion.

The Flyfishing discussion board could be moderated by the FLYSULLY's. They know how to fish our area Long Island, up north Martha's Vineyard and down south for Bonefish. I was lucky enough to fish with them 4-5 times earlier this year and they caught more keeper bass from the surf using the fly rod than most surfcasters/baitcasters will catch in a full year. They are the nicest people you will ever meet on the beach and there knowledge of flyrodding the surf is the best. They would be great as moderators for a flyfishing discussion.

This message was edited by FLYRODDER on 11-23-01 @ 8:32 PM

·
Registered
483 Posts
Sorry to disagree with the previous reply, but there is a need. Flyfishing is the one of the fastest growing segments of the market. Lotsa interest.

Same with kayaks. Some people dig the quiet and simplicity of it all.

Just because something doesn't fall into the category you fish in, doesn't mean it shouldn't have a place for expression.

·
Premium Member
1,874 Posts
Hello All!

A member of our editorial staff has volunteered to moderate a kayak board, but he decided we would be better off waiting until early spring. If you think otherwise you can post it here for him to review.

I also agree that we need a saltwater flyfishing board and the obvious choice would be our Editor Frank Dalecki, Jr, so I?ll check with him first to see if he?s interested.

Mattyblazer ?

Don?t laugh ? we?ve had many suggestions and one did include the a light tackle board ?for people that only fish 10-lb test and under?

Thanks for your input and if anyone has any other suggestions please let me know.

Respectfully,
George R. Scocca
Publisher, Nor'east Saltwater

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
George,

I know that this topic has been mentioned numerous times, but I'll try it again. What about a party boat forum in which only positive comments along with general party information and techniques would be permitted (no bashing allowed). People are constantly posting questions as it is, why not consolidate them to one forum? Thanks for a great and constantly improving site.

Gamakatsu

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
To the Noreast Administration if Frank Dalecki Jr. can't do the Flyfishing Board please look into getting the FLYSULLY's as the moderators of the board. I feel the FLYSULLY's would be a great addition for NOREAST. They(FLYSULLY's) have and still do put in a ton of time flyfishing our waters. They(FLYSULLY's) have learned it from the best like Don Avondolio and others. They(FLYSULLY's) are 2 of the best flyrodders I've had the pleasure to fish with. They are excellent fly tyiers and are up to date with new fly patterns for fish in our area and will help the Noreast members on whats new and what works. 1 of there own flies for catching stripers in our waters was included in the SALTWATER FLY FISHING Magazine last year.

Onthefly FLYSULLY(screen name) are 2 of the best flyrodders I ever had the pleasure to fish with. They are not a club or organization. But if your looking to hook up with other flyrodders sometimes in late spring and early summer theres a few of us that meet at a pre-determined area usually around the western south shore to fish. If you want to be included just e-mail me and I'll contact you next year when we start fishing again.

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Ditto on the Salty's. A great group of guys (and gals too).

The annual holiday party is next Monday too. :)

Jaiem
ArtsNFlies.com

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
I honestly think there should be but 2 forums, Saltwater Fishing & For Sale.
A description below the Saltwater Fishing Forum should read something like this; Includes the Boating Angler, Surf fisherman, Saltwater Fly fishing, and all related topics.
I check out & learn from all the forums as they all relate, plus it makes all anglers more apt to partake in discussion.
The less clicking around the better.
But its fine just as it is, & Noreast is the best fishing website on the net.
{ had to throw that in}
Alan

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
MrSir I know about the Salty's. I'm an X Salty and the people I fish with are all X Salty's to. Not to put the club down but I learned more about saltwater flyfishing from some really nice people I've met over the years that are no longer members of that club. We all usually try to meet and fish together a few times a year. Yet when I was a member of the Salty's I met nothing but a lot of "TIGHT LIPPED" people with very "BIG EARS" if you know what I mean. Not to put down everyone in the club cause I'm sure theres a few that are very helpful when it comes to new members and I'm sorry if this post offends you. Its just that I didn't meet any of the helpful people there while I was a member.

This message was edited by FLYRODDER on 11-28-01 @ 7:42 PM

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Guys!!!what is everyone doing over here? I know most of you guys have a saltwater fly fishing board over there ------> you know? Why spread it out....This is the first time i have been here in over a year or so and was suprised to see so many familier faces .....jasonp AKA Jason1

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Flyrodder,

Gotta take exception to that. I've been a member of the Salty's for over 20 years and they are the greatest group of anglers I've ever known. Of course different people do take different approaches. You're going to find "personalities" in every group of people and not everyone is going to get along with everyone else. That's human nature. But as an association I haven't met a better group of anglers to know (no offense intended to the membership of the other fishing organizations I am a member of! :) ).

Jaiem
ArtsNFlies.com

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Jaiem you've been a member of the salty's since the old days so you've got your friends from that time when the club was more friendly. Plus your there selling your flies and supplies they have to talk to you. I fish with some X members of the club you know them. They are not members of the club any more. When I joined not a single member of the club greeted me or welcomed me to the club. It was like I was invisible and I stand 6'4" tall. I went to 5 meetings that year and not a single member welcomed me to the club. Thats not the way a club looking for new members should operate. Thats why I'm no longer a member and would never recommend that club to anyone.

This message was edited by FLYRODDER on 12-8-01 @ 6:54 AM

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.