NorEast Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi:
If all goes well I will be getting a boat (used) in about two weeks. I live in Monmouth Beach and will use the boat at least every three days to pull & bait my lobster traps (in Sandy Hook Bay and off Sandy Hook), pull my crab traps (in the Shrewsbury River) and fish the Raritan reach or Shrewbsury Rocks. I will less often fish the offshore wrecks and mud hole. My instinct is to dock the boat really close to my house (there is a Marina within short walking distance) so that we can be on the boat as quickly as possible but other people have suggested that I dock her in Atlantic Highlands to cut down on boat travel time to Sandy Hook. I takes me about 20 minutes to drive to Atlantic Highlands from my house and it looks like the difference by water is about 6-8 miles. The boat is 25 ft with single diesel engine. I need opinions on how much of difference in hassle/time it will be to keep the boat in either place.
Thanks for your help,
Joseph

·
Registered
186 Posts
The boat ride should only take about 30 min. Walking distance to your boat has huge advantages. Like if you are doing work on the boat and need a certian tool. Or if you forget somthing thats needed for a fishing trip, you can always walk home to get it. I also think that driving in a boat for 30 minutes beats driving in a car for 20 min.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.