NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I could probably just call on this - but - basically - I'm lazy.

Does anyone know when they begin selling the night permits for Sunken Meadow & where?

·
Registered
808 Posts
hi wader; night fishing at sunken meadow parking -field#1 april 1 to sept.14, only. then
field #3 -sept 15 -dec31 only.
this is on my 4 x4 permit$39.00. they do have a night fishing permit for cars.
i think $15.00 .call nys.office of parks, 669-2500 or robert moses state park at 669-0449 .

eddie

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
The night fishing/parking permit only (no 4x4) is $25.

But you raised a good point. The 4x4 permit gives the same parking/access privilages as the night permit, in addition to some 4x4 access. No need to buy both the night and 4x4 permits.

·
Registered
32,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just got off the phone with Park permit people.

Sunken Meadow - night permit - no 4x4 $15 on sale now through April 30.

Just what I was looking for.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Wader-
Hows it going my friend?
Already got my permit, $15 bucks beats the $50 ticket i got last year, (10 minutes late getting back to my truck!)
If you want to go before you pick yours up let me know, "Sticks" has my number, think I have your work #. Will give you a call soon!!

·
Registered
32,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SkipJaCK - picked it up yesterday.

By the way "Sticks" is a papa again - baby girl last week.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Move quickly

Night parking permits are $15 (4x4access $39)

Only sold to April 30th then sold again after Labor Day.

Permits good for the following parks:

Captree, Jones Beach, Hither Hills (Montauk), Montauk Point,Robert Moses, Sunken Meadow and Wildwood

Have to park in specific fields which are listed on back of permit

·
Registered
28 Posts
re: night fishing permits

OK, can I buy one of these pemits at the Jones beach area? or do I have to drive all the way to the Robert Moses area? And, there are 2 permits--one for night fishing and one for 4x4 which also covers night fishing--right?
Thanks for the feedback :)

·
Registered
32,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There's a phone number for the Parks Department at the beginning of this Thread - suggest you call.

You'll get the full answer you are looking for.

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Topaz,

You can get the NIGHT permit at any of the park offices listed above. But you can only get the 4x4 permit at RM, Belmont or Montauk.

And yes, the 4x4 permit includes the same night parking access as the regular NIGHT permit so you don't need to buy both.

Jaiem
ArtsNFlies.com

·
Registered
178 Posts
I already have my NYS permit, but do you guys know if the Suffolk permits are still on sale?

I went to Smiths Point today and they were already closed by time I got there. I asked the guard at the 4x4 entrance if the permits were still on sale. He said they are on sale all season. Stupid me didn't ask if he knew what I was talking about. Did he mean the green key or are the fishing permits accessable all year?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.