NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a perfectly good jig...why don't I just leave it alone...? Nah....can't help fiddling with the ones I find...this is an old timer originally made by the "Elmer Hanscom Co." in Hyde Park, Mass, hence, Capt. Elmer's lures...

It's chromed metal, five ounces and I envision a bright future for it in the Cape Cod canal...once I get it stripped and painted, that is....I'm thinking pink & charcoal gray, maybe, like those funky shirts I wore back in high school in the 50s...maybe some hair? have to think about that...hmmmm, I wonder what this would look like to a "large" with a nine inch sluggo hanging off that 9/0 hook, nah....well....maybe....hmmmmmm

Jerry Vovcsko,
East Bridgewater, Ma

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nice jig there Jerry. It's huge. Maybe you could strip it and let the chrome come thru and try to paint it similar to a crippled herring with some blue or green. I wouldn't waste an eelskin on that but I would try an Uncle Josh pork rind in black as a trailer. That may not be meant for casting I'd say. Try it in a rip from your boat sometime, you'll just lose it in the ditch and that's a lot of weight to toss.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.