NorEast Fishing Forum banner

NEXT DEMO ?

3K views 26 replies 11 participants last post by  Flypaint 
#1 ·
HEY JON, HEY JOEY

I RECOMENDED YOU GUYS TO A FEW FRIENDS
WHO MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN GETTING INTO A YAK. THEY SHOULD BE CONTACTING YOU SHORTLY. TOLD THEM HOW YOU GUYS WERE THE BEST, HOLDING MY HAND THRUOGH THE WHOLE PROCESS EVEN PUTTING ME ON TOP OF FISH.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF AND WHEN YOU WILL BE HOLDING YOUR NEXT DEMO. I'D LIKE TO CHECK OUT SOMETHING A LITTLE FASTER THEN THE FnD FOR MYSELF.

THANKS
T

#3 ·
hey, joey: rhode island!

Hey, Joey:
If you do not sell your place in NY and move up to RI, you are (as crazy eddy used to say, before going to jail) INSANE.
I went up Saturday, as I told you I was going to do, and the surf was unbelieveable. You know how it's hard to get out at Long Beach? Not so in Narragansett; they have reef breaks, so you just paddle out where the reef -- and the waves -- ain't. It's freaking unbelieveable!
Annette didn't go up with me Sat, so I put a bid in on a house and returned with digipix. She HATED the house!!! So, I drove her up on Sunday to have a look. She still hated it. I managed to withdraw the bid. We were driving around afterwards and saw a realtor pounding in a for-sale sign at a house. We stopped, looked around -- and put in a bid on that joint. wowza!
This one is 250 yards from a great big honking salt pond where you can keep your kayaks right on the water. Local guy tells me a couple of keepers were caught just offshore a couple of nights ago; and that it's just full of fish.
You've got to check it out. And you really ought to move: great people (so far) and lots of girls for a single guy. But, if you don't, and we do, then you and the gang can always come stay with me, wife's foul temper depending.

#8 ·
Joey, it doesn' matter what position they're in when you scan them. When you bring them into Photoshop you can then rotate them and replace the one from the wrong direction.

Tom, the next demo day is scheduled for Little Neck Day on Saturday July 13 with a rain date of Sunday the 14th.

#10 ·
Flyak, its in Queens right along the Cross Island Parkway between the Throggs Neck Bridge and the Long Island Expressway.

Definately bring your yak and you'll have the opportunity to try others out too. Its a great learning experience, a way to meet fishie buddies, compare notes, see how others rig their yaks, etc.

#12 ·
LNB info

Thanks to Jon and Joey for bringing demo day to Little Neck Bay!

The blues are here, up to about 10 pounds, and they blitz in the moorings one morning out of three. At some point during the day,. they are in the bay EVERY day.

DIRECTIONS:

(From Long Island and Brooklyn)

Take Southern State Parkway or Belt Parkway to CROSS ISLAND PARKWAY - NORTHBOUND...exit at "NORTHERN BLVD. - WEST"

(From Bronx/Westchester)

Take Throggs Neck Bridge OR Whitestone Bridge to "CROSS ISLAND PARKWAY - SOUTH" and exit at "NORTHERN BLVD. - WEST"

EVERYBODY - Continue WEST on Northern Blvd to BELL BLVD. it's about a half mile, there is a "White Castle" on the corner. Turn RIGHT (North) to 28th Ave. Turn RIGHT (East) on 28th Ave. and continue to the end. Park. WATCH THE SIGNS, the last 100' is posted "NO PARKING" and while you won't get towed, you most assuredly will get a ticket!

At the end of 28th Ave. there is a footbridge over the Cross Island Parkway, it was built with portage in mind, there is a narrow ramp for wheelchairs, and a wide ramp for kayaks on wheels! The Bayside Marina is just across the bridge and that's where the demo is. The best fishing (during daytime) is a short paddle from the launch, where bunker relate to the sailboat moorings as "structure" but the bluefish show them what a poor hiding place they picked.

Hope to see you there! Joey, WHAT TIME?

Flounder

#18 ·
MAGILLA GORILLA WILL BE APPEARING THERE BRIGHT AND EARLY..SIGNING AUTOGRAPHS..TAKING PICTURES...AND SHOWING OFF MY NEW PUNGO SUPERLIGHT IN YUM YUM YELLOW..I WILL ALSO BE GIVING A SEMINAR ON THE PROPER WAY TO EAT WHITE CASTLES WHILE KAYAKING..I WILL ALSO BE WILLING TO "TEST OUT" CERTAIN KAYAKS' WEIGHT LIMITS FOR A SMALL FEE...LOL

NO SERIOUSLY..I WILL BE THERE THO

#23 ·
helio! WHATZAAAH if my car rack Comes in time, then ill bring mine..although i think jon is bringing a pungo..see you all there...hey helio...dont get any flat tires on the way..LOL...how about we all fish together after the demo and have a $20 calcutta? theres an idea

JON...HOW ARE YOU IN THE PFD DEPARTMENT? SHOULD WE ALL BRING OUR EXTRAS FOR NON-YAK OWNERS?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.