NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been fishing off party boats for several years now with different conventional reels..I had a Penn 10 Mag and a Penn Long Beach 60.. Not too crazy about either one..I borrowed my friends newell for a blues/bass trip and loved it..I want to know if any of you guys own newell or have any opinions about them or recommendations on a nice conventional reel for bass and blues..Appreciate it..

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a 225 & a 235 and they are great. The size you use depends on you and how you like to fish. The drags are good and smooth and I haven't had any trouble with them in the 5 years I've had them. Hope this helps. Lou

fishon

·
Registered
612 Posts
after being a penn only man for the past 12 years i decided to try the newells 220-5 and the 229-5 i love them they have a VERY smooth drag system. also the older g series reels are even better if you can find them used. but they can be a little expensive.

tight lines...Anthony

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.