NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
?

Good question, this has nothing to do with bait. It was when I cleaning up at the end of the year, stripped some reels, washed down and stored, I noticed I have WAAAY to many plugs, bucktails, tins, swimmers, poppers, shads, darters, needles, etc. You want to name the different colors? It was absolutely SICKENING.

Some of these companies need to increase sales each year and its a gimmick. Its all a bunch of commercial B.S. in my opinion! I'm starting out 2008 with a whole new attitude.

·
Registered
757 Posts
SmithtownScotty wrote:
Good question, this has nothing to do with bait. It was when I cleaning up at the end of the year, stripped some reels, washed down and stored, I noticed I have WAAAY to many plugs, bucktails, tins, swimmers, poppers, shads, darters, needles, etc. You want to name the different colors? It was absolutely SICKENING.

Some of these companies need to increase sales each year and its a gimmick. Its all a bunch of commercial B.S. in my opinion! I'm starting out 2008 with a whole new attitude.

can never have enough plugs!

·
Registered
37,770 Posts
in that case

I Agree with you,
I have so many lures that are still brand new in the package.
And I say I won't buy anything every year, but that flies out the window at the first show I attend. I kinda think it's like collecting baseball cards, people don't need um, but they buy them anyway

·
Registered
96 Posts
I came across the same problem if you want to call it that.I dont think I bought a plug in 2 years.I came across plugs in bags that I bought when J-H were in Deer Park,when the Penn 704s were on sale for$49.Boy have tackle prices gone up!

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Soon you will be called the "Tin" man :)

I fish with Scotty a lot...I mean a lot. He has started focusing on how to master a few lures vs. all in his bag. This fall, he became the "tin man" and landed some nice fish on tins. His go-to lure was the Hopkins and he figured out how to make it work in several conditions.

I admire him for his dedication to the art of focus. Be great at a few things not average at everything. The bucktail is a classic example for me. If I could only have one lure in my bag, and I mean only one it would be a 1 1/4oz white smiling bill with some 240s rind. I can make this lure produce most of the time in shallow or deep water.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.