NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Went out for a little early ice fishing on mon. 12/31/2001. Started my set up at 7:00am and had all tip-ups in by 7:30am. At 9:30am a flag went up on a tip-up set in 16 ft. of water, baited with a 10" pond shiner, (dead), 1 ft. off the bottom. after a 350' run I set the 3/0 hook and the fight was on. After getting it close 4 times I got a look at the biggest Tiger Muskie I have ever seen! 27 lbs. 46" long and 21" girth, it took a total of 40 min. to get it on the ice .
It's a new mass. state record ( subject to conformation from Masswildlife) Also, as of 2001 It could be a new world record for tip-up, I'm in the process of sending application to Fishing Hall of Fame. That was my second day out this season, could be a good ice fishing season!!
Jim

· Registered
68 Posts
Hey Pike way to go !!!That is the way to get the icefishin season going . Hope you make the hall !
Will the fish get mounted ?? I hope to be hitting the ice myself this weekend here in lower NY. Happy New Year

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"Happy New Year" back at ya Shadrap!
Yes, Gillett's Taxidermy here in Pittsfield will do the mount, He is going to start on Fri. as it's a record, says it will be done in Feb. Let us know how you make out during the season. Good Luck!!!!
pike53

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.