NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a Scupper Pro Kayak this weekend. Had the dealer put a rod rack on. Has anyone here tried the marshes in renolds channel off Long Beach. Also any recommendations as far as accessories.

Angus

·
Registered
266 Posts
R/channel is a great place to fish with a yak. Theres so many places to try and theres lots of fish in the area now.
As for accessories for your kayak:
1. STS Fishing Seat
2. Scotty Rod Holder
3. Drift chute
4. Anchor 3lb

Heres a link to a site. Sammy has a Scupper Pro TW and its all rigged out so you can get an idea of what you might want to do with yours. Check out his site he has some great pictures and how-to:

http://www.sampsonreal.com/kayak/index.html

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Excellent site. I thought I was set with the rod holder. Whenyou fish do you normally troll, use bait, plugs, or fly fish. Tried trolling a Shad body Sunday and a blue ate half.

What is a drift chute.

Thanks

·
Registered
266 Posts
95% of the time I flyfish from the yak. Then 5% of the time I'll use bait mostly for fluke fishing. I troll a lot when paddling from 1 spot to the next. Sometimes you'll catch more fish doing that. The STS fishing seat works real well for trolling. If you don't know about the STS Fishing Seat check it out at this site: WWW.KAYAKFISHING.COM But don't buy it from them there to expensive. Theres other places that sell it for less money. I also have a fish finder rigged to my kayak so when I know theres fish around I will work the area hard.
A drift chute will always keep you moving in the same direction as the tide especially if theres a wind blowing in a different direction. It will slow your drift down on fast moving tides like on full and new moons.

When I fish the S/shore I fish around the Jones Inlet area. If you ever want to hook up please feel free to e-mail me direct at anytime.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Great choice on kayak...I have a scupper pro tw and love it...I fish the long beach area and its great (surf and back bay). There is a launch around point lookout and there is great fishing back there. Flyrodder seems to have you in the right direction in terms of what you need to start off with. Keep us posted with some fishing reports from your area....joey

kayakfishingstuff.com

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Caught my first and only fish so far on a kayak. Went out last night around 6:00 pm in hewlet harbor. ****tails all over the place. Used gummy shads. First fish killed the lure which was all I brought.
Casting is awkward and I need to find a way to bring my bag along were things are accessable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.