NorEast Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, just moved here from florida where i was the queen of lunkers..lol :) anyway, im on the northshore and have heard that lilco is the place for big bass during these chilly months...(luvin it) was wondering if any of you salty surfcasters could give a girl a hand...best spots,,,when their gates open( i'd like to go early) or maybe even the best thing to use....thanxx all
jodi

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Hi Jodi

I live(eat,sleep and breathe fishing) in Northport
and have fished Lilco for many years.........I'd be happy to accompany you to fish the outflow if you would like.

Southwest winds always.....Seaox

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WOW!!! not one gentleman with any tips,,,,hummm?
well thank you anthony for the invitation....but how would you know it's me,,,and where would we fish,,,and what would we use??? I'm guessing that a shot of my bucktail would prolly elicit a few recommendatons... :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello,

Your best bet is to go on last of incoming or start of outgoing. But there are times when it is good no matter what the tide, the water is allways moving. Your best bet is 1/2 or 3/4 bucktails this time of year. In the spring you can use swimmers. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey stripe,
just wanted to say that i went down to the lilco plant this am and had a really good morning,,,,no fish, but was able to scope the place out and get the 411. i parked in crabmeadow and then walked the beach...be warned, theres a fence enclosing both sides of the public beach. was a little unsure whether or not to continue with the westward walk towards the plant....however, spoke to a few locals who stated that was, in fact, the route most took. ran into two super friendly casters on the beach who were able to share a little knowledge on the local as well. i worked a 3/4 bucktail for about an hour or so...no bangs,,,but nevertheless,,a good day! g/l...btw,,,bucktails come in all shapes and sizes....:)

·
Registered
831 Posts
The parking lot at Crab Meadow is open daylight hours. Don't park in the restaurant's lot. The walk down to the outflow isn't a bad one, although at high tide you have to wade around some pilings.

I haven't been there this year, but most years, there's a bar lining the outflow, about parallel with the fence. Sometimes, it hangs a turn at an outer bar that is wadeable at low tide. Be careful not to take one step too many when wading at the outflow--it drops off and the current will sweep you out into the Sound. While the outflow water might be in the 60s, the Sound is in the low 40s and it's certain hypothermia if you get swept out. Best go in daylight, preferably with someone who's been there before. If you have to go alone, take your cue on where to wade and how close to the edge you can go from the other folks fishing there. If you have the place to yourself, either the fishing's been slow or the usual suspects feel it's the wrong tide ;) Don't let that stop you from making some casts, as fish don't read the tide charts, but be conservative in how close you get to the edge.

Small bucktails, or small shad bodies on a 3/4 oz jigheads are good lures. Plugs have their moments, but usually the fish are deep in the outflow.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Dunno if you meant me Matty,
but you can't hit a home run unless ya swing.
Sometimes you get on base, more often you miss.
Only time will tell.
I never heard of someone with an average better than 500!

Remember who you're talkin' at,
I ALWAYS show my brown side!

Flounder ;)

·
Premium Member
3,690 Posts
It could happen to any one.

But be careful stripers eat flounders

I have alot of time since I stayed in my cage

Have a nice day!

This message was edited by mattyblazer on 1-13-02 @ 8:47 AM

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thank you all for the great info......i was actually planning on going down today,,,however,,,the beach by my house was very windy....actually went to belmont with a girlfriend of mine....she enjoyed the birds..i looked for fishees...the beach was just too rough....i am rather petite and my long blond hair often blows too much in heavy wind lol....:O)

·
Registered
353 Posts
I can see how accepting or declining my offer of company could be intimidating in a public forum. If you prefer, you may reply privately to THIS screen name, AT "noreast.net". The offer was and is made in good faith.

Flounder

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
420....i'm not certain whether those were pick up lines or actual calls for a fishing partner....only those with smaller rods are recommended to fish solo...btw,,,i Am petite with blond hair...:O)

·
Registered
498 Posts
Nice picture but I still have doubts, maybe some day we will bump into eachother and you can prove me wrong or go fishing with Flounder, I wish he would give me an offer like that:wink:

·
Registered
166 Posts
I don't buy it either!
How about a picture of you with some kind of fish or better yet how about a picture of you at Lilco.
I have attached a picture of myself to show you how easy it is to attach any picture.
I BANG FISH ALL DAY LONG!!!!!

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.