·
Registered
11,637 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes it is.

If you copy the link into your browser, there is another link on the page to show where it is.

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
Good article. I wonder if diving is allowed in that area? ;)

Regarding the reef, I thought those reef balls they dropped there all collapsed that water and the whole thing just kinda disappeared(?).

BTW, isn't that the old Kismet Reef?

Jaiem
ArtsNFlies.com

·
Premium Member
12,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kismet Reef is East of the Lighthouse,

According to the article, the boat was sunk in the deep hole to the West of the lighthouse. It is just South of the red bouy out there. It is also a marked reef on the charts. Here is a link.

http://mapserver.maptech.com/homepa...0&zoom=100&type=0&icon=0&width=500&height=500

I heard last year they sunk another 60 foot boat out there that I never could find. I looked briefly today for the boat and found a steep hump on the bottom but it only rose about 5 feet from the bottom. So I am not sure if that was it or not.

As far as diving on it, I have seen guys diving on Kismet Reef and I would bet that you could dive on this one as well. The currents are pretty swift through there though, and you probably wouldn't have much more than a 30 minute window. Plus, that is a major traffic way and fishing site. It might be a little too dangerous to dive because of that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.