NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Fishing in Negril

1:Capt. Rob with a bill fish caught about a mile out off Negril light.(landed at Mary's place by fisherman beach, lower cliffs.(Rob is not there anymore)
2: Capt. Vincent, one of the best small boat fisherman and an all-around nice guy.

There are newer boats, 30-40'ers, with all the up to date gear at all the all inclusive resorts, places I do not go to at all, but I've caught plenty of fish the old school way fishing with Vincent in the past, and looking forward to fish with him again. It's unfortunate but Ja is getting fished out. Catch and release in not in the vocabulary. Your best shot: the Black River fishing fleet on the south coast.
From there you can explore the river or go offshore with a local fisher.
On the up side, the is plenty more other things to do or not do in Ja.

Attachments

·
Registered
864 Posts
Fishing in Negril

Are you going all inclusive? Leave you catch with the boat. If your on your own, any cook or local eatery will help you out, Vincent has been known to help cook the catch also! You didn't mention how long of a stay or if it's your first trip. A week or two flys by down there in the tropics, you might wake up on the last day and remember how many things you thought you were going to do but ----------- Ha ha ha!!

If you handle a home made dugout canoe, you can also sometimes go out with a trapper !!

This post edited by LobsterD 08:22 AM 01/23/2008

Attachments

·
Registered
864 Posts
the latest

Just back form 2 weeks in Negril. Talked with Captain Stanly's mate last week and he informed me that the bite has been off so I did not bother to fish but I did find another new charter on the beach. Sea Shell Charters

.Capt Stanly runs an older 33 Lhurs and a newer 42 Berty, both well equiped

Vincent does not have his ponga in the water as of yesterday but he is working on it as I type. He is however, running Elvira, his hard top glass bottom boat for general cruising around. Capt.Vincent

You going in March during spring break? No one finds the time between parties to go fishing. Too many distractions in Negril anyways. Enjoy the beach,the music and all the rest.

Loaded a bunch of pix up on photobucket, find my pix under "dickylobster"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.