NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to go out this upcoming Friday, the 16th. Was thinking about the Shinne**** Star or a boat out of Captree, would like to do some blackfishing, or go for Porgy and Sea bass, any suggestions for a boat?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just posted a report on my last trip down that way. I had a great day on the smaller of the Viking Fleet in Montauk. @ 10 large seabass, two over 4lbs., three blues, 20 large porgies. A lot of beautiful fish came up, some cod and other stuff. I'd call before going to make sure they are going for sea bass that day.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey JMC.. How are you? lol
You have a party boat right next to you in Pt Jeff"the Pt.Jeff Ace. my brother fished with them on wed and he did realllll good.
give them a shot. you can walk to them :))
Take care buddy..

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, with all the suggestions, I think I'll be taking lots of trips this upcoming weekend...

Thursday I'm heading to the Capt. Gillen
Friday the Port Jeff Ace
Saturday and Sunday going to hit Captree boats.

Gonna make this last weekend a big one(I hope)..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Stick w/ basics and get a left handed Jigmaster.
If you don't mind breaking your own line out, then go ahead and fish w/ braid. You will be detesed by all mates(including me) if you fish with braid and expect us to break you out.
30lb Ande and a Jimaster are what I use on my St. Croix for tog......best outfit in the world.
Good luck
Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.