NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I need some help with a new surf rod and reel outfit. I would like a rod and reel that I can use to plug the open beaches and the bays. Places like Floyd Bennett, Fort Tilden, and Breezy. I would like the rod and reel be able to handle Bombers, Gibbs, Poppers, Bucktails and things of that sort. I most likely would be using Fireline on this setup. Also I need a rod to match my Penn 525 Mag that I would be buying soon to use for bait, bunker and the others. I would be using the 525 Mag at the open beaches and also the bays. Guys, your help is greatly needed. Thanks for your time and consideration.

Tight Lines,
Kevin C Miller

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hi Kevin.

Lamiglas has come out with a new series of surf rods to handle synthetic lines.It is their "Braided Line Series- Tri Flex".

Model # G1336-T is a 7 1/2' 1 piece, 3/8 - 2 0z lures, 8-17 lb test line and fast action model.

They have several other models of various ratings.

Go to www.Lamiglas.com and you can review them.

Lamiglas makes a fine rod and they spine the blank before correctly placing the guides for optimum performance.

Tri Flex construction is a graphite base overwhich is a layer of fiberglass and then graphite. The addition of the fiberglas layer gives the rod flexibility so that the rod won't break as a pure graphite might. (Think of the great oak tree that never bends but cracks in half under hugh duress).

For your conventional outfit to be used on the open beach, Lamiglas makes several models, XS 101 MHC,XS101 MHS and XS 11 MHC that are rated 3-8 oz. and 17-40 lb test line.

Check out your local tackle shops for these and other companies products to see what will work best for you.

Capt Neil

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.