NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all , I need your help . I have a pair of Costa Fathom blue lens . Here is my problem. I have my sun glasses for about 6 months . The inside of the lens seems to be peeling or seems to have air in the lens . So it lookes like I am losing the nice blue look . I wanted to find out if anyone has had this problem with ther costa sun glasses or it is just me . If so what did you do ,I know I could have called costa but I wanted to see if this is a comon problem . Please fill free to email me or post your help . Thank you for your help and happy New years to all . Brownboy .......

·
Premium Member
23,846 Posts
Always wanted a pair of those. Sorry to hear about your issue. But with the cost of Costa del Mar why dont you contact them and see if you could return them.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your help

Just happen the other day . With the new year comming up no one home for now . I was just thinking if this just my problem or if someone else has happen to them .

·
Registered
352 Posts
I have never experienced that problem.I have 2 pairs of costa's swordfish 'one green mirror glass and one blue mirror glass.The green ones,one hot summer day after just jumping into an already cold AC truck shattered one lens.Sent them back to costa and i think they fixed them for 9 bucks.Be prepared to wait,not that bad really if i remember right like 5 weeks.Go to there website and use the form to send them off.Top notch company and product.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your help

Hay Commfish , Sounds good to me . I did try but I wanted to talk to someone first . I have had a lot of sun glasses but none like the Costa Del Mar . Heads up thanks

·
Registered
397 Posts
I have a couple pairs of Costa's with the blue lens, never a problem. You certainly sound like you have a manufacturing defect, if you have your reciept they should replace them for free.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
my ray bans did the same thing they did squat for me they wanted me to send them back to see what they would do and at best they would replace the lenses at almost what i paid for them nice i told them ill throw them away and never buy there product ever,they didnt care in the least some of my friends have costas and had problems with them and they replaced them free im shure they will take better care of you than ray ban did let us know what happens .

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
costa

thanks for the heads up . I hope there dont treat me like that . I cant wait to see what happen . When all is said and done I will let you know thanks . Brownboy .

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
check their website, you will find a way to send the glasses back with a pre-printed address label and code #. I have sent 2 pairs of Costas back for broken lenses and they repaired and sent them back quickly. Awesome customer service!!!!!!!

·
Registered
826 Posts
100% FACTORY GUARANTEE!

i HAVE 15 PAIRS OF COSTAS! THEY ARE THE BEST BUT STARTED ALSO BUYING MAUI JIMS! Used to wear zeals and they are all top notch. just send them back to COSTA DEL MAR and they will defenately fix them for free. Also you can bring them back to the distributor you bought them from and they should replace them for you.. that is a probelm with the coating and it is not your fault. happened to me and i brought them right back and they gave me brand new ones after 4 months.. only pair in 10 yrs it has ever happened to.

Good luck!

·
Registered
561 Posts
I have a pair and they're great. I have been in contact with them and they stand behind their product. Contact them or go to their site and all of the info to send the glasses to them is there. They have a great customer service dept. I know that they have to do the lenses in pairs though. I wont use any other glasses. Good Luck

·
Registered
18,277 Posts
Call em up, they will take care of you.

After they replace it, sell it on E bay or here and get a pair of Maui Jims.
I had many different pairs of Costas, all gave me splitting headaches due to poor optic lens. :mad:
After 15 years of wearing glasses then getting lasik, I can't stress how important good lenses are. Take a pair of Costas and you will see distortions around the edges of the lens. :rolleyes:

Nice Blackfish.

This post edited by DarthBaiter 10:18 PM 12/30/2007

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
THANKS

tHANK YOU ALL FOR ALL THE IN PUT . I am fgoing to call them and than work from there . Thank again for all your help your friend Brownboy . Tight line ans Happy New Years ......

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.