NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in the need of some advise. I vacation to montauk every year for the past 10 yrs
I fish off a dock behind condo on fort pond bay. Every two years or so I have to purchase a new rod and reel. Im at the point where I want to purchase a quality product. I enjoy light to medium rod and casting reel any advise would truly be helpful. Name brands of best rod and reel for my situation. Thanks

·
Registered
10,712 Posts
Chris,

Need alittle help here. What kind of fish are you catching, how big? Are you interested in bait casting or spin casting reels.

Thanks.

Capt Neil

Have Fun Fishing. Capt Neil
Custom Fishing Rods by Captain Neil

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your response . I fish the bay around june a little bit of everything some small blues some shad also an occasonnal striper. All good fun! Your advise on the type of reel would be a great deal of help I truly dont know the difference . I do like to be able to cast it out a little.
Thank you very much Capt Neil

·
Registered
10,712 Posts
Chris777,

Sounds like a 6 1/2' or 7' spin rod and reel would do you. You would be able to cast easy and have fun reeling in the fish.

I would look for a spin reel that will handle 15 or 20# test mono. The spin rod should be rated 12- 18 OR 20# TEST LINE AND MEDIUM power.

I would go to your local tackle shop and they can outfit you with exactly what you need. If ever in Sag Harbor, there is a well stocked tackle shop, called Tight Lines. He carries many rod and reel brands.

Look for Seeker, Lamiglas, Diawa, St Croix and Shakespears rods.

Look for Penn, Shimmano, Abu Garcia and other brand name reels.

Good fortune.

Capt Neil

Have Fun Fishing. Capt Neil
Custom Fishing Rods by Captain Neil

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.