NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,156 Posts
Neat and clean storage

OK, this one might seem a little "out there", but I've always had problems keeping tied rigs and hooks orderly. I used to roll them up and use a rubber band to hold them in sort of a figure 8 shape that would fit into the slotted compartments. The problems with this were many. First, if you didn't use a particular piece in a while the rubber band would rot and stick to the piece somewhat, and if it were held that tightly for a period of time, it would open up with sort of kinks or folds in it. But just this week I tried something and it seems to work great! I used one of those portable canvas CD holders with plastic envelopes inside. All you have to do is roll them into a circle the size that will fit into the envelope. You will end up with an album of easily seen and accessible rigs, and tied hooks that you can just flip through. It's also great for storing newly bought pre-tied rigs still in their packages. Make sure you get one with fairly sturdy plastic envelopes. Then all you have to do is drop the whole "album" into the bottom compartment of your tackle box. I hope this helps.

· Registered
16 Posts
I like nightcasters idea!! I now have that leader wallet I've been looking for! I've gotten these freaking things for gifts while I don't even have a CD player in my Jeep! Thanks!
One Idea....SOLDA, To an AMERICAN!

REDGILL
LIBBA # 1883

· Registered
44 Posts
HI REDGILL, I USED TO BE A LIBBA MEMBER A FEW YEARS BACK. I JUST RECENTLY ABOUT 2+ YEARS NOW FOUND THAT SURF FISHING IS MY TRUE PASSION. I HAVE NOT SINCE MY LAST DUE'S NOTICE RESUBSCRIBED AS A MEMBER DUE TO NOT REALLY PUTTING IN THE TIME THE CLUB WOULD ASK OF YOU. ANOTHER REASON WAS I JUST DIDN'T LIKE THE RIDE FROM BAYSIDE QUEENS OUT TO JONES. IS THERE A FOLLOWING CLOSER TO HOME WHERE MAYBE I COULD BE MORE INVOLVED ? , THANKS.
BENNYBASS02

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.