NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there such a thing? I was having a discussion at work about artists. I believe this kind of talent is somewhat natural. Yes, if you practice and dedicate yourself enough you will get better at most things, but not as good as the naturals. I believe this hold true for other talents as well. Agree?

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
I agree, if your talented and work hard, you will become the best. If your not talented, or not as talented you can become good, as good, or even better then those with more talent but less work, but when the talented work hard, they unbeatable.

I only wish I had a talent of some sort. :confused:

·
Registered
9,248 Posts
I absolutely believe that people are born with natural talent.

It is a shame when you watch some people with genuine natural talent take it for granted and then watch it fade away. While talent is natural, you need to work at it.

·
Registered
47,014 Posts
MakoMike wrote:
OFFTHEHOOK wrote:
How about some examples of natural talent.
non steroid taking pro athletes.
Large breasted women without implants.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
scottg wrote:
crabman1130 wrote:

Large breasted women without implants.

And a small 'lower unit'. That combination is hard to find.

I guess implants are an example of working hard but not being quite as good as the natural talent.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Hmmm.....good question.
I believe that the term "natural talant" is nothing more than just a term. People can be good at what they do, but I don't believe it comes "naturally". Weather its an attractive woman with large boobs on a magazine or the everyday joe that just does his/her job. I believe they still have to work at their talant to maintain it and better it.

In an everchanging world you have to conform to survive. It keeps todays talant on their toes. I don't think that there is one person in this world that can sit back and relax while their talant works for them. They still have to work at it.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm not talking natural beauty. There are alot of natural beauties out there and i'm sure they have talent. I'm talking about people that could just pick up and do things like no other.

·
Registered
9,248 Posts
I agree that people have to work at their talent to maintain and improve on it, but some people have ?natural? talent in certain things while others do not.

The only example I can think of at the moment is hand-eye coordination. Some people have superb hand-eye coordination while most have ?average? hand-eye coordination.

If both type of people have a good work effort at increasing their hand-eye coordination and work equally hard at it there is no way the ?average? talented person could ever equal the hand-eye coordination of the naturally talented ones, no less surpass them.

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
The kid's a natural.....

Talent can frequently be a left brain / right brain thing. Some peoples brains "burns hotter" in certain areas than others, and the "tasks" associated with that area of that brain come easier to those individuals. An extreme example of "natural" talent is the idiot savant (remember Rain Man). There are probably only about 80 or 90 true savants alive right now. A savant's brain is lit up in mostly one area, while the areas of the brain that control day-to-day type stuff is almost unused. This is why they can barely dress themselves, but can usually do one or more things at a level that most people cannot even comprehend. Can anyone here do division to the 100th decimal point in your head

Same thing for the previously mentioned artists. Part of any kind of drawing or painting is the ability to convert 3 dimensional vistas down to 2 dimensions. It can be learned, but this definitely comes more natural to some than others as demonstrated by that post/link to the video of the pirouetting girl, wherein you are supposed to determine which direction she is rotating.

Mozart could write and arrange the parts for an entire concerto while sitting under a tree. Beethoven was still writing music after he had gone deaf
. That is something that is not likely to be learned.

Natural talent? Definitely. Uh-oh 3 minutes to Wapner

-Rich

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.