NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Looking for a little inside info. what rigs do you use for mac"s (same as whiting?) and where between Hyannis and Nantucket can I find them? Thanks

·
Registered
269 Posts
PDVAN-

Try an area off of Bass River which is known as simply the Fish Reef. I don't have my book in front of me now, but it is clearly marked on most charts. Also i hear that Collier's ledge off of Hyannis is great in the spring. A good squid spot too. Won't be long now. And I almost forgot. There is another reef off of harwich, I cannot remember the name, but it too is usually maked on most charts like the Segull charts. Good luck.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Not certain what you're referring to with respect to whiting. We use a mackeral drop rig, which is sort of a larger version of a sabiki rig. There are four or five hooked feather rigs, each tied to the main drop line. You can attach any type of jig to the end of the drop line

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.