NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Next, I bought a C-Light from ACR Electronics, It takes two AA batteries that should last 8 hours and can be seen for up to two miles. I cut three slots in the tubing for the light to nest into. When the light is in you can put some electrical tape to secure it.

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't fished the lake in years and I'm about five minutes from there. In the 70's I was on that lake four to five times a week and had bass up to six pounds. I used crank baits and rubber worms a lot. Then someone put white perch in and it ruined it for me. They never reached normal perch size and there were zillions of them. My brother had a 13# Tiger Musky. They were put in to eat the Perch. Don't know if they did their job. I'm sure there is still good fishing if you put your time in.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nivekelly , The milk crate also has two pole holders attached towards the front side. I can also put a lure bag or an insulated bag with some food in there. I would never think of putting a couple of beers in the crate!:)I do have a little trouble reaching the poles so I might have to move the whole deal foward a little bit.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got the light from www.consumersmarine.com $8.50 + Shipping. It came in two days. The basket is free:). We all have PVC tubing and if we don't, it's cheep. When I cut the end of the crate, I drilled a series of holes and used tie-raps to put it back together. You might see them in one of the pictures. I used big tie-raps to hold the tubes on but you could use 1/4" U-bolts if you felt more comfortable. Total cost for me was a little over $13 for the light W/shipping

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.