NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a Mossberg 500 in November. Had a problem with it and the dealer said they will ship it out for repair.Got it back almost 7 weeks later and it was still broken. I don't even think they did anything. After a bunch of emails they sent me free postage to send It back telling me they will have it worked on as soon as it arrives with a one or two day turn around. So I called today to see if it is on its way or what. The guy told me it was received on the 14 but that they didn't even look at it yet. There service STINKS. Anyone else have these problems?

·
Registered
227 Posts
I've always hated Mossbergs. I had a friend that owned one and it fell apart in a year. I've always owned Remington's and have never had a problem. Do yourself a favor and sell it once it's fixed and buy a Remington 870. You can get them for about $225.00

·
Registered
689 Posts
Had one for 15 years - i switch out the barrels for deer ( rifled barrel w/scope) and full.choke for Turkey. In additon the other two guys I hunt with also have 500's and have never had a problem. I always thought thye were bullet proof - guess the quality has gone downhill??

·
Administrator
112,310 Posts
psycopanhead wrote:
i also say the remminton 870 express magnum,,,its a great shotgun

i own 2 of them 1 in 3 1/2 in they have been dropped in the water/mud etc a little cleaning and they shoot like new
i cant hit a duck to save my life but they shoot good

·
Registered
12,363 Posts
Great article on Remington 870s...

It Always Go Bang

That's the truth. No matter how I abuse mine, it goes bang. One time I sunk up to my waist in muck and had to use the gun to help get me out of the mud. Took it home, hosed it off, stripped her and oiled her up and the next day was out popping broadbills again.

Probably one of the best guns ever made and they're great to have around when someone picks up your daughter for a first date. I usually make sure I'm cleaning it when said young "gentlemen" arrives and just prior to meeting him, I make sure I run the pump to get the sound that makes every male stand up at take notice. Then I lean it against the wall, shake the boy's hand while staring him down saying, "Nice to meet you son." It's a great effect...

This post edited by Roccus7 05:02 PM 01/22/2008

·
Administrator
112,310 Posts
Roccus7 wrote:
I make sure I run the pump to get the sound that makes every male stand up at take notice. Then I lean it against the wall,

That sound is in a class of it's own

·
Registered
512 Posts
pumps

I OWN A MOSS 500 WITH A PLOY CHOKE NO PROBLEMS WITH IT YES IT RATTLES,BUT I CAN HIT ANYTHING WITH IT,,ON A GOOD DAY SKEET SHOOTING I CAN PULL OFF TRIPLES YA 870S ARE NICE. SORRY TO HERE YOU HAD SO MUCH TROBLE WITH THEM,,SHOULD HAVE TAKEN IT TO A GUN SMITH..YOU WOULD GOTTEN THE GUN BACK MUCH FASTER

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Since this started in November gunsmiths I called were backed up with hunting season. I was told that I would probably get it back around the same time as If I sent it back to mossberg. At that rate I figured why pay. I'll just send it out since I wasn't going to pay for the shipping. If it comes back not working again I'm going to have to try and get a different one out of them or bring it to my gunsmith and send mossberg the bill.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I was looking for a shotgun to use primarily for home defense, the gun shop suggested a Mossberg .410 "Home Defense" model . I wanted a Remington 870 express so I could also use it in the field, but the gun shop owner kind of talked me into the Moss. I don't know much on the subject, any thoughts well appreciated.

·
Registered
35,001 Posts
I have 3 Mossbergs, a Mossberg model 535 Slugster, 12ga, a model 500 12ga and a 20ga Slugster.....all have been put to the test, and all came out passing.
Never had a problem with any of them except for the 12ga Slugster. When I first got it many many years ago, the clip would fall out on the second shot for some reason, but they replaced the clip and never had a problem after that.

IMO.......the MOssberg 500 is probably the most used and abused shotgun out there today. They are constantly put through the mill and always seemed to come through it fine.
It's the ****gun you toss in the back of your pickup or strap it to your ATV without worrying about nicks and scratches............

.............and there aint nothing more intimidating than the sound of a model 500 getting slowly and firmly racked.........
;)

·
Administrator
112,310 Posts
gverb1219 wrote:

.............and there aint nothing more intimidating than the sound of a model 500 getting slowly and firmly racked.........
;)

sure there is the sound of an 870

This post edited by canyonfvr 10:39 PM 01/22/2008

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.