NorEast Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went fishing today at Breezy Point and found a whole pile of mulet that someone had caught, more than likely on a cast net, and then threw them on the beach. A lot of the fish was still alive when I got there. This is a terrible waist of fish, even if it is bait fish.

Some people are very inconsiderate when it comes to fish and fishing.

Changing the subject, I would like to know if Strippers will respond well to mulet as bait. I was not feeling to confident in using the mulet to fish for strippers. Ended up catching a couple of sand sharks but that was about it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Rapala makes a nice plug, 5" and 7", with a mullet finish. This lure has given me nice results in the past.
If you have the opportunity to live line one again, a bass should respond well to it.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I was at democrats Point fishing the other day and we met some kid there who was snagging mullets and we first thought he was dumb and no idea what he was talkin about so i gave one to my dad and he put it on his hook with a sinker and a bass hook and within 4 minutes he reeled in a 20 inch bluefish

·
Registered
0 Posts
I was at democrats Point fishing the other day and we met some kid there who was snagging mullets and we first thought he was dumb and no idea what he was talkin about so i gave one to my dad and he put it on his hook with a sinker and a bass hook and within 4 minutes he reeled in a 20 inch bluefish

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.