NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured this was the place for a kayak posted report...so here it is. Fished eastern Moriches Bay today. I think I caught everything in the sea on bucktail w/ squid. 2 nice blues, 24 inch striped bass, 1 fluke (20 inch), and 2 weakfish. Also caught 2 sea-robins (err-Errrs), and a toadfish. Haven't seen a toadfish in ages. Sea-robins and toadfish no fun on a yuk-yuk, but it was a nice day out. All released but the blues.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Question.....

where did you launch from. I have fished smiths point from the surf, shore, rocks etc...many times and was thinking about bringing the kayak out there. did you drive all the way out on Burma road or launch somewhere else. Thanks.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Wrangler question...

thanks for the info. I would like to fish Moriches Bay, but i am thinking i would drive out on the beach or Burma road. I would rather launch from a road access location. Do you have any info on the ramp you mentioned. Such as the name so i can call for directions? Any info is greatly appriciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ramp

Atlantic Ave south to Moriches Island Road. You'll see the ramp on the left. The launch site is not paved. I think there is a lot across the street for parking. Atlantic Ave is about 6 blocks east of Kalers Pond Park. There is a gas station (I think a Metro) on Montauk Hwy where you have to turn onto Atlantic. If you need bait, the second left off of Atlantic will take you Hanks. There is a ramp there also, but you must be a Brookhaven resident. Let me know when you plan a trip there, maybe I'll be free and can join you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.