NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those of you who are still looking for the last Montauk hurrah, it?s not too late!

This past weekend the weather was unbelievably warm (South, SW 5-15 knots, 60*) and the fish were cooperating! I fished the Montauk grounds and found an abundant of stripers willing to snatch bucktails, plastics and darters throughout the day!

Lots of gannets around (good sign of big bait). The fish were anywhere from 5lbs. ? 30+ lbs. and mostly chasing herring during the top of the Flood and beginning of Ebb.

The weathermen are predicting a steady warm temperature with minimal front changes. So, anyone who did not put his or her surf gears away? you still have a last chance for the large! ;)

Tight Lines!

?Crazy? Alberto

·
Registered
22 Posts
Good News, more to come. Now how do I expain to the wife that the season which was suposed to "wind down" by Christmas will now run well into January?

Luckily she knows me too well, and doesnt believe or listen to any BS about "winding down".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.