NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

This is just an FYI: As of yesterday afternoon (High tide) there were stripers everywhere from False Bar, Scotts, Bluffs, Light, Turtle Cove and Hero! Gannets and Gulls were flying everywhere! Many fish in the teens up to 30 pounds were culled with bucktails, poppers and tins! These migrating fish were swimming west!

Last night I also attended the Local Tournament Dinner and many locals were raving how great the fishing is!
So you have it folks, this is the long awaited finale and the time is now!

"Crazy" Alberto
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just another FYI:
A few fishing buddies of my ventured out to Montauk last night.... and they called to tell me that the bite is totally STUPID!

Their arms are sore from culling all the stripers they wanted! The bodies of fish are still spread across from Shagwong to the Point and around the Cove and Hero. Tins, buckies, swimmers and poppers are all working! Some are even getting their flyrods ready.... Hoooo boy.... ! :)

"Crazy" Alberto
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello Bonesy,
I fish everywhere and there are fish in our waters right now.

Work the oceanfront and you will find them!
Also, aside from the Fire Island inlet, you may want to try Cedar, Gilgo, Tobay and Jones?.because that's the normal migration path! ;)

"Crazy" Alberto
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Step on the brakes!!!!

All good things must come to end. Some blitzes last a few minutes, and sometimes a few days.

Well? for those who were thinking to take advantage of this phenomenon? I need you to STOP! It's already too late because the bite is S L O W !

Oh well, it was a good run and those who took advantage of the report walked out with sore arms and big smiles?and those who were a little too late had rats to show for.

This is unfortunate because I was planning to fish Montauk tonight until tomorrow morning.
It's too bad, I guess I will fish locally. :)

"Crazy" Alberto
[email protected]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.