NorEast Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the season is winding down here is a story of my own this past Fall:
On October 5, 2001 I Surf fished Jones Beach, West End ll jetty sw tip/rip 06:30 am to 09:00 am, incoming tide. Caught six stripers tagged 4 at 19?, 26?, 31? and 26?, I Used white buck tails with red/white split pork rind.

On the way back to the parking lot at West End carrying a 33? 12.5 lbs. bass for dinner a photographer came running out of the dunes wanting to take my picture with three models. How could I resist! Since I tag most of my fish and rarely take any home, now was the opportunity to prove to my wife that surf fishing is truly relaxing and therapeutic! I happened to have my waterproof disposable camera with me and I asked the photographer if he would take a shot of me using my camera. (See picture below) Not only did I have a great day fishing and modeling (ha, ha) but I realize after showing my wife the photo?s that she is truly my best catch! (Good Answer)

The moral to this story is that a true surf fisherman must pay their dues in order to get the true pay off. They should keep only what they truly need and leave the rest. And if by chance they want to attract beautiful women they need to catch smelly fish! As for me, I?m happily married! Now if I was only a little taller maybe I too could be a model....NOT!
Tag & Release, Tiderunner
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL

This message was edited by Tiderunner on 11-17-01 @ 9:37 PM

Attachments

G

·
Great shot....you're one lucky dude....the
prettiest part of the shot is the fish....what a
beauty.....good luck...

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After 28 years of fishing the surf, my wife would never have believed me. These gals did do a topless shoot but they wouldn't let me or my fish in the picture. Had they allowed me, my wife would have turned me from a rooster to a hen real fast.
Happy Thanksgiving

This message was edited by Tiderunner on 1-12-02 @ 9:48 AM

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.