NorEast Fishing Forum banner

Mike Tyson

3K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  Scalawag 
#1 ·
What do you guys think about this nut?
He may be crazy but he has the best quote of the year so far..."I'll F ya till you love me".
What a classic!
Do you think the fight will happen?

#3 ·
He's an ***hole. On the news this morning it said that he has to appear before a board in Las Vegas next week before he is licensed in Nevada to fight. Knowing that, I can't beleive he couldn't exercise some self control. It was also said that some girl in Las Vegas is claiming he raped her last September, and the police feel they have enough to indict him. Maybe he will be in jail.

While I find his antics amusing, he is only going to turn boxing into a circus. If the industry feels they need that for ratings, than go for it. I feel he should be locked in a cage, treated like the animal he obviously is, and put on display for the amusement of this "...little white boy.". They could call it the Regression of Evolution.

#8 ·
Once upon a Time there where great Champions in
Boxing Like Rocky Marciano, Mohamed ali, Sugar Ray leonard, Alexis arguello etc ,... just to name a few.
Boxing was Boxing!
Mike Tyson in the early days could have been the
Greatest. His talent was raw and had the desire
to win. He could have been UNBEATABLE!
He was Unbeatable until he teamed up with Don King! Its been all down hill ever since then.
Don king & Mike Tyson have disgraced sport of Boxing and will never be the same.
They should both be in jail.
They should change boxing to WWF.
Mike Tyson will wind up Pennyless & homeless
and when he's doing time in jail maybe one day
he' ll look in the mirror and say...
" I could a been a Contender"

IBEW local 1049

#9 ·
I grew up around the corner from Floyd Pattersons grandmother.
She always had cold milk and cookies for visitors.
She was (justifiably) proud of her grandson.

Now Ali surely won a lot of fights.
Some even found him charismatic.
But after the way he punished Patterson,
I'll ALWAYS take issue with anyone who characterizes him as "great".
He was a good boxer, flawed as any human.
He as much as announced his loss to Leon Spinx at the weigh-in.
Now HOW DID HE KNOW THAT?
Is it possible that he wanted to retire and could make more money by losing than winning?

Flounder

#11 ·
I kinda like Tyson, The Media hounds him & he's like from the Shawn Penn school, he takes em on. I think he got a BAD RAP on the rape case. And the ear thing , I didnt think it was a big deal in the sense 2 men are put into a ring to beat each other senseless for our viewing pleasure and sh*t happens, he was doing everything to win and nipped a piece of ear, I think Id rather have that then a few low blows. I also think that he wasnt a bad kid and tried more then others from the hood so to speak, a lot of good people helped him when he was young and he went with the program. Also the Robin Givins thing was she an as*hole or what?? Im rooting for Tyson,
Alan

#12 ·
The fight may go on because of the money involved, but if it does I think Mike will bow out in some bizarre manner.

Tyson had great promise as a young heavyweight. And when he terrified opponents, he rolled over them.

But his skills have eroded, he surrounds himself with poor advisers, and he has tasted fear.

When he realized Holyfield would beat him a second time, he bit his ear off to get the fight to end.

It appears he is so terrified of Lewis that he tried to bow out BEFORE the fight.

If the fight does go on, and Tyson does not knock Lewis out quickly, Lewis will put some hurt on Tyson and Tyson will find a way to end the fight. Hmm, he could:

* Bite (as in Holyfield II)
* Try to break Lewis' arm (as in the Botha fight, which he was also losing until he got a good punch in)
* Hit after the bell (as in his Norris fight)
* Knock out the referee (as in the Savarese fight)
* Come up with a new cowardly way to lose without really admitting it.

Kind of a shame, but I am as guilty as the next. I remember the days of the great fighters, and when boxing may have been dirty but in different, some how more dignified ways.

But despite realizing that Tyson should be in a straight jacket, I'd like to see the fight.

Either:
* Tyson gets a good punch in, and we get to see the big guy Lewis fall like a felled tree for the 3rd time
or
* Tyson takes some punishment and either bizarre acts himself out of the fight or gets knocked out cold by Lewis

(I realize this is a fishing site, but heck, its January and discussion of a local fighter seems a bit better than picking on women who fish).

Peter R

#13 ·
First of all. If any of you actually believe that brawl was real your watching to much of the WWF. It was staged. Do you really believe a professional boxer can miss a punch by as much as Tyson missed Lewis's bodyguard? Get with it. Lewis can't sell tickets to any of his fights even if he fought Osama Bin Ladden he couldn't sell the place out. He's boring. So how do you sell tickets to this fight? Do what Tyson did.

Second Mike Tyson should've never of been convicted the first time for rape. I mean what was this women doing in his hotel room at 3AM? She wasn't there for small talk. As for Tyson bitting Holyfields ear. What else is there to say. He knew he was going to lose again so he decided to end the fight fast. He should've been suspended for life.
As for Ali being the greatest? Don't forget Ali's real name is C. Clay. He changed his name and his religion because he was drafted. He refused to go into the military but yet he didn't mind beating the brains out of somebody in the ring. Greatest? Far from it. Rocky was and will always be the greatest.

My prediction for the Lewis/Tyson fight? Tyson by knockout. You ask why? Cause Lewis lost twice by knockout to bums. Lewis has a glass jaw. Tyson is a bum but not when it comes to boxing. He's got a knockout punch in both hands. All he has to do is land 1 punch and it's over.

#14 ·
I agree with the points you made with Ali, the guy was a draft dodger. I loved watching his fights {but was around 12 yrs. old} and he was a great fighter but not a good American. I wouldnt even watch that special on the other night because I hate him so much.
Tyson really bit the ear to end the fight??
maybe he was just hungry?

#15 ·
Well, maybe Tyson was a bit hungry, but he was mostly scared.

Must be tough to have stood on top of a sport, considered in line to be one of the greatest, and then slip so far. When Douglas beat him first, it was considered a fluke. Tyson didn't train, his "supporters" said, Douglas got lucky, etc.

But actually, he had turned into a big punch fighter only. He had lost ALL of his defensive skills (when he lost true supporters like Gus), and other than one punch that almost won the fight for Tyson, Douglas breezed by him.

That fight, Tyson learned what it was like to be hit, to get his face busted up, to get knocked out. But, strictly speaking, Douglas is no big puncher and a kind of a gentle soul in the ring.

Holyfield was another matter. Holyfield pushed him, hit him, humiliated him in the ring, and then knocked him out cold in the first fight.

When Holyfield looked like he'd get the same result in the second fight, Iron Mike melted.

Yup, he might have been hungry, but mostly he felt fear - fear of pain, fear of loss, fear of humiliation.

The Lewis fight could go either way. Sure the start of the conference was staged, but Mike headcased out. He's afraid. He knows he is not in good enough shape to fight Lewis, that he's too small to fight Lewis, that he has no defense. My prediction if the money lets the fight go on - Lewis wins by disqualification in the 6th round. I have no idea what Mike will come up with if he doesn't score a quick knockout, but if he's getting hit by Lewis I doubt he is man enough to continue to fight.

(Apparently the only odds being offered since the press conference are on disqual).

#17 ·
Ali -Frazier the good ol days.

Maybe we should just dump boxing and put Mike Tyson in the octagon and get his butt kicked by Royce Gracie from The Ultimate Fighting Championship. If any of you don't know who Royce Gracie is he's probably the best no holds barred fighter ever to fight in the UFC.

#19 ·
BASSHOLE writes:
What about Ken Shamrock? (before WWF)

BASSHOLE if you watch UFC 1 you will see Royce Gracie take out Ken Shamrock in less than a minute. Royce Gracie won 3 or 4 UFC Championships. He had to beat 3-4 challengers on those nights to become champ. He fought guys that weighed 150lbs(solid muscle)more than him. Ken Shamrock never won the championship by defeating 3-4 opponents in a night. When the UFC changed there rules and used time limits and used judges after a 30min. fight. They cheated Gracie out of his championship. The championship was taken away from Gracie ands givin to Shamrock.

#20 ·
Regarding the first post that started this thread.....besides saying "I'll f- ya till ya love me", he also said "i'll eat your a-hole in front of everybody". Now that's SICK...LOL! He's gotta be mental...lol.
These are the 2 best quotes of the year...lol.

~spinfreak~

#23 ·
Since I was told that this is a fishing site and only fishing topics should be posted, I'm going to give this one a little twist.
What do you think would be the pros or cons of having Mike Tyson as a fishing partner?
PRO
If you forget your bait knife he can always bite you off a piece of bunker.
CON
Don't ever drop a lure while he's standing behind you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.