NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Crazy,

Normally I really wouldn't consider fishing on the first few days of the season, but with all the warm weather we've been having I'm changing my mind.

I've heard that flounder and blackfish action usually doesn't really heat up in the western sound until mid april, do you (or anyone else on the board) have opinions about this year?

I know it's a preety subjective question but what the heck.

Finnegan

·
Registered
93 Posts
Guys:

This may not pertain as much to you in the western sound area, but I had a hankerin for some flounder fishing and headed out on the Central CT coast. I went to my favorite spot for flounder and didn't get as much of a nibble.

Keep in mind I fished from shore, but it looks like we still might be a week or two (or more) away until the doormats arrive in full force.

Keep this board posted on your results.

Good luck and tight lines.

Soundfisher

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
finnegan wrote:

Normally I really wouldn't consider fishing on the first few days of the season, but with all the warm weather we've been having I'm changing my mind. I've heard that flounder and blackfish action usually doesn't really heat up in the western sound until mid april, do you (or anyone else on the board) have opinions about this year? I know it's a pretty subjective question but what the heck.

Finnegan ,

That is perfectly understandable why you are thinking that way!

According to some reliable sources? I?ve heard some of the commercial caught flounders are already spawned out, which leads me to believe that we are a few weeks late.

As for the western sound area? you are right! The flounder season generally starts sometime in April?but with the warm winter, I would not be too surprised if the season kicks in a few weeks earlier! I guess we are going to find out this coming weekend! :)

Also? in my opinion (according to my log books), blackfish generally starts moving close to shore (to spawn) as early as the third week of April ? 1st. week of May.

"Crazy" Alberto
[email protected]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.