NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know many might not want to let out there little trick out and skills out the bags , but come on guys its christmas time give it up.

is there a way to create some life when the bite is slow or the fish are picky??

also i notice a couple times out on party boat, i see the sharpies giving the tip of the rod a little shake at time.

what i notice on my boat this year fishing the rockaway reef, the tog bite was hot at first drop then it died down, then my friend start using big piece of clam, it seems the clam create a feeding frenzy, and the bite gets hot again.

we tried it the next week and it seems to work.
your thought guys.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Save all the shells, legs & claws from the cut bait, crush & put them in a brown paper bag with some weight and send them down & bust the bag. Just like crushing mussels for flounder in deep water. In fact, add some crushed mussels.

·
Super Moderator
10,365 Posts
Rasta has it - save the cuttings for when the bite slows down. Also we find it works best to use it as the tide (And most times, the bite) slows down.

Also the tip shake will certainly help - as discussed earlier in the season in another thread. Doesn't work 100% though, some days yes, some days not so much. Worth a try when nothin' else is working, that's for sure.

Lep

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Billy, never meant for PB fishing. Only works private. Geez, you would have to be a certifiable idiot to put down any kind of chum on a PB, captain would castrate you. But, then again, I've seen people bring their own chumpots, scoop handfuls of bunker chum and throw it on their line, crack a skimmer and drop it by their line, my brother even tied a clam to a string and gave it to a customer and told him to dunk it like a teabag if he wanted chum by him. So nothing surprises me anymore.

·
Registered
9,956 Posts
lol, none of that surprises me, adn it wou;dnt' surprise me if you finished your story telling me the guy teabagged teh rest of teh trip. Come to think of it...it teabagging a chumpot considered the inverse of jigging?

I assumed Bolo was asking about on a party boat, that's my bad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.