NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if any one knew of a good website or if they had step by step instructions on making a fishing pole. The pole I am looking to make is a 1 peice pole ideal for weakfish fishing w/a spinning reel. any ifo would be greatly apreciated.
tight lines,
FishingMan

·
Registered
199 Posts
Here's a few websites

I've never built my own rod, but have looked into it before. Here's a couple of the better pages that I have found. The first one, "mudhole.com", has a message board that is preety good. The second one, "rodbuilding.org", seems to be the "official" board of rodbuilding, and is excellent.
I would post the links, but that feature isn't working on our new board yet, so you'll have to copy and paste the links in your browser. Here they are:

http://www.mudhole.com/default.html

http://www.rodbuilding.org/list.php?f=2

Go to the rodbuilding category on this message board, and I'm sure that Capt Neil could help you also.
~good luck, and tight lines~

·
Registered
338 Posts
Build a fishing rod

Try asking Capt. Neil for advice. He knows his stuff and I've seen several of his rods at local shows. You can also purchase from mudhole.com a easy to follow video called "How to build custom rods step by step". Also try purchasing from amazon (best price) Dale Clemens book, "Advanced custom rodbuilding" or even easier the booklet by flex coat"Step by step rod building"
I have had the pleasure of building several surf rods and I can tell you, once you have a custom rod you will never want to go back to a factory knock out.
Tag & Release
Tiderunner

·
Registered
10,967 Posts
Building rods

Hi,

Thanks for the good words, guys.

If you would like to have a phone conservation about building the weakfish rod please phone me at (631) 567-8049 OR call to make a visit to my shop.

I am always willing to help with info or assistance.

Capt Neil

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I would love to build a rod too. However right now I'm still trying to figure out how to use a "whip finisher" on my current new hobby and cabin fever pass time, buck tail and teaser tying. So far they look great to me, and I'm having a lot of fun doing it, but I have this fear thet when they do get down there, all the fish are going to crowd around them laughing their tail fins off like "how stupid does this guy think that we are?" Oh well, maybe next winter for rod building, one step at a time I suppose.

Richard

><{{{{'>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.