NorEast Fishing Forum banner

MAINE BAIT

1178 Views 14 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  prblmsslvd
Hey, all of you traveling fisherman!

I'll be heading up to Maine for about a week in a couple of days. ALthough, I won't have time to fish much (well maybe I can sneak some in), I wondering - Is there any hard to find bait that I can pick up, while up there? Take an extra cooler and stock up?

Also, any saltwater fishing recommendations? In case i get the opportunity? I'll be in southern Me. Sebago Lake to be exact. 40 min from Portland or Saco.

Going to try to buy something from Walt while I'm there. I hope he doesn't try to sell ME on this site!

Thanks a lot, for any ideas, suggestions.

...mocean
1 - 5 of 15 Posts
boothbay

I visit my friends home in bothbay each year around late september. How is your spot at that time of year??

We fished several times with a charter who fishes the beaches with little success.

Maybe we can all hook up. We are comming up from Florida and we would recepricate and put you on fish here !!!

IBK
PROBLEMSOLVER, I WILL BE IN BOOTHBAY OCT 10-13 ANY SUGESTIONS FOR SOME FALL BASS FISHING ?
Problemsolver, How long is the drive from Boothbay to Cape Elizabeth? I like to fish your spot. Ideally, it would be great to find a guide or charter at that area since I will not be able to take my fishing gear with me. Any suggestions?

Tks.
FYI, I found several guides still working the Bath / Wacassett area. Have a trip scheduled for Fri & Sat. They say the bass are still arround. I will post results

Thanks
Ira
fished both days, great weather only six small bass caught on worms andplugs. a little late in the season.
1 - 5 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.